How long can a rolex last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long can a rolex last

how long can a rolex watch last (on average) if well maintained?

I have a working rolex datejust half gold that i rcv as a birthday present in 1993 .. 20 yrs old watch that tell gd time n counting ...
    guess life expectancy is at least 20 years based on above watch experience ...

Comment

My 46years old sub still running strong and keeps perfect time.

Comment

A Rolex Submariner or a Sea-Dweller will likely outlive the owner.

Comment

My 43 year old red sub still going strong!
          His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

If the watch is being properly maintained and wore, it would last as long as the material can. The worry is the availability of parts!

Comment

rolex movements, though look plain without complication, are generally considered good workhorse
              If lasting means ticking without requirement to meet cosc standard and if water resistant is not a concern, a rolex probably can go on 10-15yr without servicing
              If lasting means to continually meet +6/-4seconds per day, as well as to continually meet the water resistant rating, recommended servicing is once every 3-5yr

Comment

If maintain properly, shd b forever

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                  rolex movements, though look plain without complication, are generally considered good workhorse
                  If lasting means ticking without requirement to meet cosc standard and if water resistant is not a concern, a rolex probably can go on 10-15yr without servicing
                  If lasting means to continually meet +6/-4seconds per day, as well as to continually meet the water resistant rating, recommended servicing is once every 3-5yr
                  hi am new in this forum, can i ride on this thread and clarify something on rolex servicing and warranty....

there was a sales person who told me that after servicing of a rolex watch, the warranty runs for another 2yrs, is this true?

Comment

I think maybe 50 to 60 years

Comment

The history of rolex is not long enough to see how long its last.

IMO it will out last whoever is reading this forum now.
                      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Well..i guess it depends on what you do with it. My dad's rolex lasted 30+ years and counting..

Comment

don't be surprised it outlive the owner!

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
                          http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by pmun View Post
                            hi am new in this forum, can i ride on this thread and clarify something on rolex servicing and warranty....

there was a sales person who told me that after servicing of a rolex watch, the warranty runs for another 2yrs, is this true?
                            After a full overhaul service, meaning you have to replace parts that the RSC technician (who inspected and quoted you on the service/repair charges) said must be replaced, then the watch will carry another 2 years international warranty. It's stated in the service manual that comes with the watch. However, if you don't replace parts that the technician said are faulty, then there's no warranty performance for those un-replaced parts. For eg., if the main movement weight is worn and have to be replaced (at a cost), the will be NO warranty on the time-keeping accuracy (COSC stds) if you don't it.. Likewise, if the caseback showed signs of corrosion, and it wasn't replaced, then the RSC will not do a water-resistance test and there's no warranty on water-resistance for the watch. The overhaul servicing costs, which is a lump sum with a FOC polishing, will include free replacement of springbars, links screws, gaskets, and other minor parts.. So it's a good idea to send the watch for servicing at the RSC once in a few years! Just my 2 cents!

Comment

Originally posted by NivlekGnow View Post
                              Well..i guess it depends on what you do with it. My dad's rolex lasted 30+ years and counting..
                              PP advertises that the owners merely look after their watches for the next generation.. in truth, most of the high end luxurious watches like Rolex, AP, ALS, JLC, VC, etc, are also built that way, to last for the next generation, if they are not abused.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X