No announcement yet.

How long can a rolex last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still many fully functional vintage Daytonas from the 60s and 70s still in good working condition. I believe Patek has this policy that if they cannot find the parts for the vintage watch you have, they will machine it for you. I don't know if Rolex has such a similar policy though.

Comment

[QUOTE=maxbliss888;745624]My vintage 1920s Rolex Oyster is still working well...

That's one lovely piece uve got there!!
      How often do u need this serviced?
      Since it is thaat old, does RSC still take it for servicing?

Comment

Wow!

Originally posted by Lamhewtot View Post
        as for as i know it can really stand the test of time. I've been given a 1960s submariner by my grand father and save for some scratches here and a nick there its still running well. Don't think its seen any servicing in its lifetime.

Comment

Guess the built quality of the older rollies are testimony to the brand...

But the new n modern ones have yet to test the passage of time... Only our grandkids would be able to give answer to that.

Originally posted by bttan View Post
          Still many fully functional vintage Daytonas from the 60s and 70s still in good working condition. I believe Patek has this policy that if they cannot find the parts for the vintage watch you have, they will machine it for you. I don't know if Rolex has such a similar policy though.

Comment

How do we maintain the watch?

Do we need to send for regular servicing like cars?

Or, to only send in when it gives way, was told that don't bother when watch is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by ron3541 View Post

Or, to only send in when it gives way, was told that don't bother when watch is ok.
              I was told once every 5-7 years if all is well, which sounds fair enough...

Comment

I believe that has been answered in great detail here http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/59795-watch-servicing
                Read up on the link posted by taxico.

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by ron3541 View Post

Comment

No need so long la
                  got problem very fast everyone know

Originally posted by wDin View Post
                  Guess the built quality of the older rollies are testimony to the brand...

But the new n modern ones have yet to test the passage of time... Only our grandkids would be able to give answer to that.

Comment

For now the new models so far nothing serious (ie no major problems).
                    What im trying to say is that to know if the brand still produces amazing beaters, only our grandkids would be able to give answer to that.
                    Just like how we witness 40 or so year old rollies being handed down to grandkids.... That is a testimony to the older rollies..
                    New ones, we gotta wait..

Originally posted by gmt8300 View Post
                    No need so long la
                    got problem very fast everyone know

Comment

LOL i think a properly maintained watch no matter brand can live longer than any of us here.

Comment

I service every 5 years as per the recommended so hopefully for long time!

Comment

My grandma's rolex is still good... last service was done almost 12 years ago

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X