Authentic or non Rolex Sub 16613 bracelet 93253 W series?? Help~~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
    bro, i dont think TS was referring to the bracelet when he mentioned 'thinner and longer' - he should be referring to the whole watch

Quoting TS' words:
    "...the sub look slight thinner and longer, ..."
    Yes, you are right, its the watch head that are thinner as compare with mine at the side.. I am kinda suprise... Does polishing change so much dimension of the "main watch head" itself? and could you tell me how i know if a watch are being polished? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Alexlow View Post
      My 9mil series 16803's "93153" engraving is smaller but that doesn't means yours is fake. It's could just be from a different mk? What is the clasps code?
      I'll post a pic to for your reference when I can.
      thanks for yr effort... appreciated. well... indeed its small, mine are small too depite its newer claps. The clasp code if i remember correctly should be v4 or something.

Comment

looks okay to me. a pic of the clasp would be nice.
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

from the photos, it appear that the watch your bro bought has been overly-polished
          not only are the case lines altered, the shape is also deteriorated, and the dimension apparently reduced
          one possible reason is the case has been polished many times throughout the *ownership of probably a handful of different owners, each using it well of its worth and then sent for polish each time its being put up for re-sale again

another possible reason is the case suffered a huge deep scratch or dent, which only a heavy polish could remove

*disclaimer: i wont know how many times this watch has changed hands, the preown shop most probably does not know either - only the watch itself know

Originally posted by KayzHeiden View Post
          Yes, you are right, its the watch head that are thinner as compare with mine at the side.. I am kinda suprise... Does polishing change so much dimension of the "main watch head" itself? and could you tell me how i know if a watch are being polished? thanks
          Last edited by skydweller_sg; 19-02-13, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
            looks okay to me. a pic of the clasp would be nice.
            thanks, will take a pic of his watch later when he is back

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
              from the photos, it appear that the watch your bro bought has been overly-polished
              not only are the case lines altered, the shape is also deteriorated, and the dimension apparently reduced
              one possible reason is the case has been polished many times throughout the *ownership of probably a handful of different owners, each using it well of its worth and then sent for polish each time its being put up for re-sale again

another possible reason is the case suffered a huge deep scratch or dent, which only a heavy polish could remove

*disclaimer: i wont know how many times this watch has changed hands, the preown shop most probably does not know either - only the watch itself know
              thank you for spending time explaining to me some possible ways. Hmm... Do u know if the 16613 in the 90s compare to those in the 20s are slightly different in dimenion since the bracelet model are different too... will it be possible that the watch case itself are different 90s &20s? couldnt find much infos in the net regarding it.

Comment

Here's a picture of the 9mil/ 1987 bracelet as promised

Comment

thanks, will take a pic of his watch later when he is back
                  take a pic of the inner blade, the part that meets the wrist crease.
                  “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

... Do u know if the 16613 in the 90s compare to those in the 20s are slightly different in dimenion since the bracelet model are different too... will it be possible that the watch case itself are different 90s &20s? couldnt find much infos in the net regarding it.
                    yes, the cases differ slightly over the years due to manufacturing techniques. while the "outer" dimensions have changed, the inner dimensions should not. eg, inner diameter of case, lug width, bezel insert, etc.

at this point, because your end link and bracelet model printings are crisp and even, i think they are okay.

the gold links look okay. the clasp holes look okay. the diver extension look correct and has proper wear marks. even the screws look okay too.

the dial and bezel insert looks okay also. i don't think a fake would have so many "corrects."

the case has just been polished. relax!

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                      yes, the cases differ slightly over the years due to manufacturing techniques. while the "outer" dimensions have changed, the inner dimensions should not. eg, inner diameter of case, lug width, bezel insert, etc.

at this point, because your end link and bracelet model printings are crisp and even, i think they are okay.

the gold links look okay. the clasp holes look okay. the diver extension look correct and has proper wear marks. even the screws look okay too.

the dial and bezel insert looks okay also. i don't think a fake would have so many "corrects."

the case has just been polished. relax!
                      Thanks and really appreciated for yr detailed analysis. I guess it should be fine and just thinner over a period of time via polishing.

Thanks for all folks whom reply help me with the details. Appreciate all the effort. thanks all.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X