Sea Dweller or Sub LV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
    That same question popped up after I got my GMT II. SD or Sub LV?

Eventually, I got the Sub LV. But that was before they announced that SD will be discontinued. Then after that, I got the Explorer II. So I'm regretting a bit that I didn't get the SD earlier.

My vote now would be for the SD.
    I have the same situation like you but I'm glad I bought the LV, SD jus look too common I feel. Not to worry that SD might be discontinue cos there's always preowned ones out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravitas View Post
      Hi folks,

I currently have the GMT II (16710) and looking to buy another Rolex.

Was thinking of the Sub LV but when I was in the AD today, she pulled out a V-serial Sea Dweller (16600) which I thought had been discontinued.

Both were being offered at list price of ~$8.8k.
      (A different AD had offered $7.9k for the Sub LV)

Like the Sub LV for the green bezel and differentiates from my GMT II.
      Like the Sea Dweller for the tough but clean cyclop-less look.

So in a bit of a quandary and can't decide...

Questions:

(1) Are the prices fair, ie
      (a) $8.8k for this seemingly discontinued Sea Dweller?
      (b) $7.9k for the Sub LV?

(2) What would your advice be for a 2nd Rolex to share 50/50 wrist time with my GMT?
      (a) Get the Sea Dweller
      (b) Get the Sub LV
      (c) Be patient and wait for Basel to see if there's an updated Explorer II

Thanks very much, and looking forward to your opinions!
      Hi,

I just got my Brand New 'V' Series Sea Dweller today. IMO, get the Sea Dweller 1st then get the Sub LV later cos its still in production. Thats what Im gonna do. hehe
      Space for Rent if you want to advertise

Comment

I am in that spot too... Right now. Personally there is so many SD out there, I don't see the hype for it even though it's discontinued. And its only diff from the sub is the cyclops.

Diff between the last series and before is the pin holes. Other then that what's the difference. So many years liao the design never change.

Am going for the LV... hehehee
        Every Rolex tells a story

Comment

Correct lor. I go 2 secondhand watch dealers in town got so many Subs n SDs. 1 shop I countd got 3 SDs n 6 Subs

Comment

I am keen on the Sea Dweller. Can you let me know which shop it is in? I hope it's still there.

Comment

I was like you at the AD looking at the SubLV and the SDweller (V) and not sure which to buy. If AD offer better price for SDweller - go for it. if not go for SubLV as it will also discontinue in 2010 and SubLV is at a good price now if u offer cash. Any AD can give u as many stock avail.

Sdweller - u can get one used for no lugholes but usually no box. Sdweller had been around since 1980s....so many stock for used...but prepare to pay >10K in 5 years time......due to inflation not price rise. u would have to pay this for a 1680 Sub now....

I still itch for a Sdweller although i choose the latter but u cant own too many "Rolexs=wifes". no time for them and caress them.
              My Rolexes and Tudor...

Comment

Let me have them and take care for you...

Originally posted by subgmt View Post
                I was like you at the AD looking at the SubLV and the SDweller (V) and not sure which to buy. If AD offer better price for SDweller - go for it. if not go for SubLV as it will also discontinue in 2010 and SubLV is at a good price now if u offer cash. Any AD can give u as many stock avail.

Sdweller - u can get one used for no lugholes but usually no box. Sdweller had been around since 1980s....so many stock for used...but prepare to pay >10K in 5 years time......due to inflation not price rise. u would have to pay this for a 1680 Sub now....

I still itch for a Sdweller although i choose the latter but u cant own too many "Rolexs=wifes". no time for them and caress them.

Comment

Originally posted by subgmt View Post

Me also most prob can only afford 1 rollie thats y targetting for gmtiic rather than sd. Nvr believe that sd price will rise in future cos its been ard for so long and too many out there alrdy.

Wait n once hype over. Sd price will go back normal. Go for sublv better
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

oh no... now i'm at your spot... initially planning to get Sub LV, today went down to one AD and he offer me Sea Dweller at list... List price for both are same but LV cheaper coz got discount...

After i tried both in my wrist, SD seems to be more of a good fit... Sub LV suddenly feel so light, LOL...

staying at the AD for a while trying to bargain down the SD but not even a single cents discounts... Sh*t if SD got same discount with LV then i surely go for SD... not because it is discontinued or whatsoever but coz i feel it fits better in my hand...

so in the end wad did u get?

Comment

my suggestion is that if you intend to get the SD, dont wait any longer. this is possibly the last batch in asia. europe last batch was last quarter. if one AD has a SD, likely another AD would have. just pop by and ask for discount. no harm also. if not then go to the second one to get. unless if you pay cash. bargaining power is there.

Originally posted by limtedd View Post
                      oh no... now i'm at your spot... initially planning to get Sub LV, today went down to one AD and he offer me Sea Dweller at list... List price for both are same but LV cheaper coz got discount...

After i tried both in my wrist, SD seems to be more of a good fit... Sub LV suddenly feel so light, LOL...

staying at the AD for a while trying to bargain down the SD but not even a single cents discounts... Sh*t if SD got same discount with LV then i surely go for SD... not because it is discontinued or whatsoever but coz i feel it fits better in my hand...

so in the end wad did u get?
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

SD all the way. My wife loves wearing this watch.

Cheers
                        Current

Rolex DSSD
                        Rolex SD
                        Pam 162
                        Pam 351
                        Tudor Hydronaut
                        Fortis 24hrs Automatic
                        Seiko Sumo Automatic

Comment

just sharing info... i was at THH last saturday... there is a SD "V" series on display... the sales guy was willing to sell it at $8.6k... $190+ discount from list price i din buy la... was only there to accompany my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by coldzy View Post
                            SD all the way. My wife loves wearing this watch.

Cheers
                            I also want one but my CFO say cannot haha
                            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

SD or Sub LV

for built quality,value,toughness,will not go wrong & easy to match with dressing SD
                              for young,trendy,attention seeker,flashy,t-shirt & jeans,weekend, reen sub ,lastly it is rare compare to a SD
                              y not get 2 pre-owned ones ??? both should cost ard 11.5k better than pay 16k when u buy both new

Comment

SD!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X