Rolex Depreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulyna View Post
    How about the Kermit ? Doesn't it value appreciate too ?
    i think so far so good...
    simi kangtao?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryansim View Post
      I know some ADs are aelling certain models above recommended retail price. So, you might have higher depreciation. Watch out the buying price as well if you r worried abt depreciation of your time piece.
      buy from boutiques if u r prepared to lose more than 25% when u want to sell
      simi kangtao?

Comment

Rolex tend to retain its value well for sporty watch models.

For PAM, it depends on the model you buying. Not all retain value well. Must get the right model.

Comment

Any idea how much a year 1999 29mm lady yachtmaster half gold can fetch? I have a friend wanting to sell me but I'm still considering.

Comment

subs and gmts hold their values best.
            the older the subs and gmts, the better.

Comment

i would say IMO. it is more important to know if u do know ur stuff well. buying a second gives u good price but u have worries abt what have the previous owner done to the watch. buying new of coz u have to pay a higher price but it elimates ur worries abt the watch itself for authenticity. plus it depends if ur a flipper or a pure collector..

Comment

Buying 2nd hand is always the key to collecting in my opinion.. i'd rather give my business to honest grey dealers and fellow collectors rather than to an ad.. buying new rolexes is not my thing.. but for other luxury goods i do buy new.. but as for watches paying retail price is terrible... just me a d my rants.. no pun intended..
                HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
                ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
                Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
                Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
                Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
                TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
                G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
                Rolex ladies datejust
                vintage Cartier tank 18k
                TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

To me, is not about investment. I'll be very thankful if I can break even over time. It is about a form of saving for me and wearing my money on my wrist enjoying it.

I'm a person who can't save money (i m born like this). If I dun buy watch, my money oso dunno go whr, really lah.

I know very well that I could ended up losing some money but still better than nothing at the end.

I've been buying watch when I've the money, and each time after buying a watch I'll be left with not much for other thing. Without much money for any other thing, indirectly it helps keeping me away from trouble. U kno lah, Man with $$ sure cheong ah, lim ah, bet ah, play balloon balloon here play balloon balloon there lah.....etc

If god close one eye n kind to me, I dun need to sell my watch for any unforeseeable urgent need, I can still pass it dwn.

Oh ya! And wearing a watch with value cld be handy in certain "situation" as well - it can save life! I once saw a steady person but quite nerd looking wearing a kuku spec, bailed out his buddy in some sort trouble in Geylang simply by taking off his Daytona as a form of assurance and trust - not only money talks, watch with value also.
                  Last edited by atwee; 14-01-15, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Well said bro. I'm have quite similar point of view as yours too. Haaa...

Originally posted by atwee View Post
                    To me, is not about investment. I'll be very thankful if I can break even over time. It is about a form of saving for me and wearing my money on my wrist enjoying it.

I'm a person who can't save money (i m born like this). If I dun buy watch, my money oso dunno go whr, really lah.

I know very well that I could ended up losing some money but still better than nothing at the end.

I've been buying watch when I've the money, and each time after buying a watch I'll be left with not much for other thing. Without much money for any other thing, indirectly it helps keeping me away from trouble. U kno lah, Man with $$ sure cheong ah, lim ah, bet ah, play balloon balloon here play balloon balloon there lah.....etc

If god close one eye n kind to me, I dun need to sell my watch for any unforeseeable urgent need, I can still pass it dwn.

Oh ya! And wearing a watch with value cld be handy in certain "situation" as well - it can save life! I once saw a steady person but quite nerd looking wearing a kuku spec, bailed out his buddy in some sort trouble in Geylang simply by taking off his Daytona as a form of assurance and trust - not only money talks, watch with value also.

Comment

• With the CHF gaining strength, it would be interesting to observe if there is any rolex price adjustments, and if so, how this impacts the preowned market.

I don't believe (mass market) watches are good investment vehicles, but shock events can still bump up their prices.

Singapore car prices is one good example. Buy car in 2009, drive 3 years can still sell at same nominal value.

Comment

• Preowned market already reacted and to some extent, even some private sellers has adjusted their price upwards. ADs has not make any move yet.

I have thought that by being firm on their price as before, they would be able to sell it off faster. But perharps they cpuldnt bear to let go of it that soon afterall.

Comment

• Quite a few AD have their rolex all sold out & the new shipment will sure increases in price. It just the matter of time we will know how much did it increases.. Lucky me, just got mine just a few days before all this..

Comment

• My girlfriend is in Paris now. I ask her to check on the price of the DSSD. It's selling at Euro9,800 before rebate of 20%. According to her, the boutique sales told her that once old stock is cleared the price most likely will increase by about 6 - 7%. Hope that helps those who are looking at buying a Rolex. Cheers
                            I am a proud owner of

Rolex Submariner
                            PAM 312

Comment

• Originally posted by dtctan View Post
                              appreciated or depreciated all depends of the current economy status, you sell high you also buy with a higher price and vice versa you sell low you buy at a cheaper price ... So who stand to gain ?
                              true

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X