No announcement yet.

Need Advice: New discontinued Sub 16610 or the new ceramic Sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think you mis-read what is said, if I understand correctly, the gap between BNIB 16610's price is premium and 116610 selling price is not like 3000 based on your estimate of 8000(retail price) and 11000.

For premium price, the BNIB premium price of 16610 can be say 10000 and 116610 price is 11000, the price diff is 1000. However, for some people 1000 is consider a big gap, to others like Rolex116613 it may be small gap. Different people, different perspective.

Nevertheless, we are still speculating on what the price of a BNIB 16610 now because there is no one selling in this forum.

Originally posted by Rolex116613
    For a BNIB 16610, prepare to pay premium, there wont be much of a difference between 16610 n 116610 in terms of price.
    Originally posted by nimm12
    16610 same price as 116610???
    last retail price of 16610 is 8k
    current retail price of 116610 is 11k
    same price???

Comment

Originally posted by b1ackop5 View Post
      Think you mis-read what is said, if I understand correctly, the gap between BNIB 16610's price is premium and 116610 selling price is not like 3000 based on your estimate of 8000(retail price) and 11000.

For premium price, the BNIB premium price of 16610 can be say 10000 and 116610 price is 11000, the price diff is 1000. However, for some people 1000 is consider a big gap, to others like Rolex116613 it may be small gap. Different people, different perspective.

Nevertheless, we are still speculating on what the price of a BNIB 16610 now because there is no one selling in this forum.
      I believe in times to come , BNIB 16610 price might even be higher than 116610 . Reasons is its almost impossible to buy now. Take the older sub for instance , I had come across model like 1680 , 16800 BNIB kept by collectors. Oversea prices go up to as high as 20k. If I am not wrong, there's this 16610( W series ) BNIB oversea selling at 12k.
      My Current Collection :
      Rolex Submariner 116610LN
      Rolex Submariner 116610LV aka Hulk
      Rolex Airking 14000
      Panerai Submersible Special Edition 364
      Panerai Luminor 112
      Omega speed master moonwatch 3570.50
      Tissot Visodate

Sold and regretted since then
      Rolex Submariner 16610
      Rolex GMT 116710LN
      Rolex Explorer 16570 ( Polar)
      Tudor heritage Black Bay
      Omega speed master moonwatch 3873.50
      Omega speed master pre-moon C321
      Panerai Submersible 24

Comment

Hi bros

I am really appreciate your help and useful information about new ceramic sub and discontinued old Sub..

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread. Is it better to get the old sub with chapter ring or without ring? Which one has higher resale value if i wanna sell it off in the future?

Comment

Ask yourself if there r more 16610 with chapter or without chapter ring? Think supply? But then again I don't think it'll make a great difference. With ring does look nicer imho.

Comment

Originally posted by tomood925 View Post
              Sorry to hijack the thread. Is it better to get the old sub with chapter ring or without ring? Which one has higher resale value if i wanna sell it off in the future?
              A personal preference, I would say, with or w/o engraved rehaut (referring to "chapter ring" in your reference). Both will have almost equal resale value because the resale value will depend heavily on how much you are going to buy it at.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Correct. I know. But it will also mean that when one buys it, he/she is buying at a higher price, right? So when I was trying to explain the 'resale value' part, it was attributed to how much he/she is going to buy the watch at versus how much it will be sold at.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

16610 anytime as it has little change to its face since the Sub was launched back in the 50's.

The ceramic bezel if you want to replace will set you back by >$1,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Navigator2009 View Post
                    Hi all experts,

I would like to seek an advice on whether to get the old discontinued Sub 16610 or a brand new Ceramic model? Which one should I get as I only can get one piece at this moment?

I really can’t decide which one. I like the old sub that makes it classic but I also like the new ceramic design of the model.

Any information you could supply would be helpful. Thanks!
                    i will go for sub c primarily for the sharper looking face and secondly for its ceramic bezel, not forgetting the blue superluminova glow which i really like.

but all in all it's up to you to decide which one you want to go for at the end of the day, both are classics and winners regardless of which one you choose.

Comment

Get 16610 cos is a classic and dressy watch then get the GMT2C cos same case as sub C if u want difference look.....cos once u are poisoned....u never stop at one. Trust me, been there and done that...and still continue to pursue for more
                      My Current Collection :
                      Rolex Submariner 116610LN
                      Rolex Submariner 116610LV aka Hulk
                      Rolex Airking 14000
                      Panerai Submersible Special Edition 364
                      Panerai Luminor 112
                      Omega speed master moonwatch 3570.50
                      Tissot Visodate

Sold and regretted since then
                      Rolex Submariner 16610
                      Rolex GMT 116710LN
                      Rolex Explorer 16570 ( Polar)
                      Tudor heritage Black Bay
                      Omega speed master moonwatch 3873.50
                      Omega speed master pre-moon C321
                      Panerai Submersible 24

Comment

I have 16610 and when I compared it to the new sub, the new sub looks weird IMHO, as if it is on steroids. Whereas the old 16610 just have the classic looks of a sub. More refined. I ever asked myself would I get the new sub and the eventual answer was always that I would stick to my 16610.

Cheers.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X