Guide : Buying Rolex in Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loong1019 View Post
    Now the custom officers are strict unlike last time .
    yes,i concur with loong1019.
    if one travel quite often,u should have realised tht there're more random checks conducted at changi airport recently as compared to the past.

Comment

Yes. Saw them very 'on' nowadays. They know the flights coming in day in day out. Is a matter of they want to catch you or set you 'free'.

Comment

for the 1st time in my life I kenna checked at changi.
        so never say never!

Comment

Originally posted by Mezz72 View Post
          for the 1st time in my life I kenna checked at changi.
          so never say never!
          Bro, I think the custom officers only asked u to scan the luggage ba... What they have searched so far? Do u kena any tax??
          一寸光阴一寸金,寸金难买寸光阴

Comment

yeah they scanned my bag just after collecting it from the belt.
            didn't search though as there was nothing of 'interest' to them I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Mezz72 View Post
              yeah they scanned my bag just after collecting it from the belt.
              didn't search though as there was nothing of 'interest' to them I guess.

Bro, I think it's just for formality only cos they are supervised by the cctv... Must do some works else year end bonus affected
              Hehe
              一寸光阴一寸金,寸金难买寸光阴

Comment

Buying Rolex in Italy

hi there, anyone here got an AD to recommend in Italy to buy Rolex or PP? What is the discount and VAT % they offer nowadays? thanks!

-lave

Comment

1) if it is an AD, i don't think there is a need for anyone to recommend. just visit.
                  2) italy got many different cities like milan, venice, etc, are you expecting fellow members here to list down all of them for you?
                  3) discount? just like in singapore, different customers get offered different discount.
                  4) for VAT, google will help. i did a search for you an here is the link for the various countries in europe listing down their VAT

to give you a gauge, i was offered a submariner date (116610) in venice (last week of oct 2015) for ~SGD9700.

Originally posted by lave77 View Post
                  hi there, anyone here got an AD to recommend in Italy to buy Rolex or PP? What is the discount and VAT % they offer nowadays? thanks!

-lave
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by lave77 View Post

-lave
                    If you're buying popular models, the more critical factor is whether there are stocks or not, so I suggest just head to any of the ADs, as mentioned by triton, and enquire. Just grab if you can find. Hardly any discount nowadays for sports model, maybe a few hundreds off a Rolex at most. DJ maybe 5-8%.

Comment

Btw I would avoid those in the popular cities crowded with tourists as it is near impossible to find stocks. And there's one particular one in Rome which I dislike, it's along via del corso, super tiny shopfront with just a lift on the ground floor and there are two blokes there who will "screen" you first before inviting you to the main showroom upstairs.

Comment

just came back from Italy. so depend which city you visiting, then you will find different AD.

For Milan, most of the sports series OOS.
                        For Venice, most of sports also OOS.

overall in Milan should be cheaper, some shop offer discount some don't.

quoted for DJII @ EU7200 b4 VAT

VAT varies from the purchase pricing, if less than EU12K, typically the VAT refund is 15%
                        some times they will offer VAT in shop, that is if you purchase more than say EU12K or more, they will quote you the price of watch less 22% but commission of EU250 after less, which pay direct to the shop after VAT. (this offer was made to me by IWC thou)

hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Glennloh View Post
                          just came back from Italy. so depend which city you visiting, then you will find different AD.

For Milan, most of the sports series OOS.
                          For Venice, most of sports also OOS.

overall in Milan should be cheaper, some shop offer discount some don't.

quoted for DJII @ EU7200 b4 VAT

VAT varies from the purchase pricing, if less than EU12K, typically the VAT refund is 15%
                          some times they will offer VAT in shop, that is if you purchase more than say EU12K or more, they will quote you the price of watch less 22% but commission of EU250 after less, which pay direct to the shop after VAT. (this offer was made to me by IWC thou)

hope it helps.
                          for DJ models, i feel the price difference between europe and local is not that much

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X