Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verification in Hong Kong

Good day all.

Am heading to HK in August and might pick up a second hand Rolex if the price is right... was wondering if anyone had any experience to share? But more importantly, I would like to get the piece verified before purchasing. In SG we can go to RSC - in HK is there a similar place we can bring it to and anyone knows the cost?

Thanks,
    J

they have a rolex center just like ours in singapore. you can check it out at the official rolex website if I didn't remember wrongly.

Comment

yes, RSC on HK island. I'm not sure about verification service, but what I did previously was to tell them my watch running slow and asked them to check the movement, that was FOC.
      elusive

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee View Post
        Good day all.

I would like to get the piece verified before purchasing.

Thanks,
        J
        I dont think the seller will depart the watch to RSC before any payment done.

if u r the seller, r u willing to do so?

Comment

To sum up my experience in shopping for 2nd hand Rolex in Hong Kong in 3 words....Waste of Time!

Only worth buying brand new Rolex there.

For 2nd hand Rolex, all those shops in town area, Holiday Inn area , Nathan Road, Mongkok... prices are
          very expensive , its like you trying to buy from those 2nd hand Lucky Plaza shops or more (after bargaining).

I read a Hong Kong Blogger talk about another area that is cheaper, called Shum Shui Po area, there are 2 shops
          there, also waste of Time!

1st shop the smaller one had only one day date 18238 no dia asking (i convert SGD) $14K plus.
          I can speak cantonese and bargain like hell and best $13K plus.

2nd shop had a dozen day dates, the first 18238 I picked up had a 18038 buckle on it,mismatch and another 18038 had a mismatch dial but dealer insist it is correct.

anyway even after bargaining prices of the President are more expensive than the prices offered here in Spore
          My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
          1) WG DIA 18239
          2) YG DIA 18238
          3) WG 18239
          4) YG 18238
          5) YG 18248G Bark
          6) WG DIA 18039
          7) WG 18039
          8) YG 18038
          9) Tridor DIA 18039B
          10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
          11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
          12) WG 1803
          13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
          1)GMT II 116718 18K
          2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
          1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
          2)D15037 14k
          3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

But anyway personally I think it is still safer to get used Rolex in Singapore, not worth to take the risk.

Comment

Hong kong is a good place to shop if you know the shop keeper... Otherwise, it will be "tourists" price

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X