Choosing your Rolex serial number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing your Rolex serial number

Do ADs and/or GDs allow you to choose your serial number when purchasing a brand new watch?

If you know well enought ... Yes of course

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee View Post
      Do ADs and/or GDs allow you to choose your serial number when purchasing a brand new watch?

Yes if they want your business bad enough No, if that is the only set they have!

Comment

Some dealers add a premium when they have a watch with a nice serial number. Especially for Panerais that have many "limited editions", so s/n 888/1000 (prosperous x 3!) pieces will be more expensive than s/n 114/1000 (everyday DIE!). And that makes me wonder if the buyer is buying a watch or a number???

Comment

Most of the time they will bring out the older batch or series to clear their stock on fifo. If u ask or insist they may bring the newer ones
          elusive

Comment

given a choice, i would choose. last year, i requested for a specific number as there is limited production of this brand and model.

it may make a difference if i want to sell the watch to someone who likes certain numbers and avoid certain numbers.

for panerai, there is the XXX/500 for example. if buyer chooses number without 4, then movement number how? because panerai also got movement number.

i know of someone who once ask for 666.

1 brand i know had numbers ending with 4 in their inventory towards the end with majority of them sold. so the next limited edition series this brand produced, there wont any serial number. this is to avoid stock ending with 4 in their inventory.

however, this lead to another question i ask, is it really produced in X number? cause no one really knows how many pieces is being produced.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Yes, as long as there is more than one piece of the same.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X