Seeking Advice - Purchasing of Rolex Watch Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Advice - Purchasing of Rolex Watch Parts

say i like to buy a sub bracelet or a day just bracelet from outside RSC. how can i tell if the bracelet is original? do i look for the markings such as codes and numbers on the bracelet? is it good enough to tell if it is original or otherwise.

likewise if i want to buy a bezel, crown. how to tell?

most important is that these parts are not in its original sealed package. then again if it is in a sealed package, how to tell they are original ah?

please advise.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Originally posted by triton View Post
    say i like to buy a sub bracelet or a day just bracelet from outside RSC. how can i tell if the bracelet is original? do i look for the markings such as codes and numbers on the bracelet? is it good enough to tell if it is original or otherwise.

likewise if i want to buy a bezel, crown. how to tell?

most important is that these parts are not in its original sealed package. then again if it is in a sealed package, how to tell they are original ah?

please advise.
    You can install the parts and send the watch to rsc for authentic. But you may say, the parts may cost less then the authentication fee . Then suggest buy the parts from rsc then . But you may say the rsc charge higher then outside and they may requires you to pay for full servicing .

One of my friend bought a link from external parties but send the watch to rsc for a full overhaul, he is happy as long as rsc did not say anything wrong with the link.

In short, do whatever you are comfortable with.

Comment

let me rephrase. how can a member spot a fake bezel insert @ the point of purchase. say now i want to buy a pepsi insert to put on my GMT which has a coke insert. i dont have the expertise to remove the bezel and change. secondly, would the seller of the bezel insert want to wait for like half a day just for a transaction that is say 200?

the above scenario is one where there is no packaging. if there is a packaging, how can one tell it is a genuine rolex part if there is no part number/markings/etc to identify.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

For original Rolex White Gold/Yellow Gold fluted bezels I know there's 2 "crown" stamps. This you have to use a loupe to see

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I'm not sure how this may (or not) work. In your scenario above, if you want to verify the new "pepsi" insert with the RSC is probably to remove the insert you have on your watch first, thus leaving it look like it's been 'damaged'. Thereafter walk in with the "pepsi" insert you have in hand and request for service of fixing the insert on your 'damaged' watch. This means that you will be showing your watch and the insert separately to the RSC staff.

If the staff enquires, you can say that you drop your watch or hit it somewhere and the old insert came off and you lost it, or that it has been badly damaged. And now that a friend gives you a spare insert, you want it fixed on your watch. In this case, if the "pepsi" insert is fixed on your watch by RSC, you can take it the insert is genuine and accepted by RSC to be fixed on your watch.

In doing so, you will have to get someone to remove the insert on your watch first. May be an independent watch technician can do it? I'm not sure. And also, you should not wait too long leaving the watch "bezel-less"? Think it can be done within a day, as long as you have the new insert in hand.

Can or not?
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            I'm not sure how this may (or not) work. In your scenario above, if you want to verify the new "pepsi" insert with the RSC is probably to remove the insert you have on your watch first, thus leaving it look like it's been 'damaged'. Thereafter walk in with the "pepsi" insert you have in hand and request for service of fixing the insert on your 'damaged' watch. This means that you will be showing your watch and the insert separately to the RSC staff.

If the staff enquires, you can say that you drop your watch or hit it somewhere and the old insert came off and you lost it, or that it has been badly damaged. And now that a friend gives you a spare insert, you want it fixed on your watch. In this case, if the "pepsi" insert is fixed on your watch by RSC, you can take it the insert is genuine and accepted by RSC to be fixed on your watch.

In doing so, you will have to get someone to remove the insert on your watch first. May be an independent watch technician can do it? I'm not sure. And also, you should not wait too long leaving the watch "bezel-less"? Think it can be done within a day, as long as you have the new insert in hand.

Can or not?
            Excellent !

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              let me rephrase. how can a member spot a fake bezel insert @ the point of purchase. say now i want to buy a pepsi insert to put on my GMT which has a coke insert. i dont have the expertise to remove the bezel and change. secondly, would the seller of the bezel insert want to wait for like half a day just for a transaction that is say 200?

the above scenario is one where there is no packaging. if there is a packaging, how can one tell it is a genuine rolex part if there is no part number/markings/etc to identify.
              If I am not wrong. You have a Pepsi coke but you want to buy an additional coke bezel as spare for swap. Guess you got to buy the seller. If you feel more comfortable to have it authentication . Then you could have an agreement with the seller that if found to be fake, you could return say 1 week. If any disagreement , walk out of the deal.

On identifying sports bezel , look at the pearl(for sub) and font , compare with a real part. But I admit, replica parts are getting better. May getting hard for beginner or even expert to spot the differences . I spoke to a watch technician , he is more concern if the watch movement is it genuine then the external parts .

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X