What do you look out for in buying Rolex from reseller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you look out for in buying Rolex from reseller

Hi, wanna seek some advises from experts here. Realised that it is much cheaper to buy a BNIB Rolex from reseller here than from an AD. What are the things to look out for?

1. It authentication at Rolex centre necessary?
    2. If it is necessary, how does it work? The seller brings the watch for certification at Rolex center?
    3. Any other information are welcome.

Exactly you said it. What happen if the timepiece turns out to be fake and the refund agreement turns out to be useless? Hence, what is typically the best practise where the buyer is willing to part with cold hard cash and in return getting a genuine timepiece?

Comment

i know exactly where you are coming from. that is why most forum which has garage section has a section catered to buyer/seller feedback. in sg-roc, there is the iTrader section where you can use the feedback given as a guide. it is not foolproof, but at least you can roughly see how reliable this seller this. there are other ways for potential buyers to use the iTrader section as well, you need to be a little cre8ive in your thoughts.

i met a vintage watch collector yesterday. he said to me that he always buy from the few trusted sellers he is comfortable with.

there are third party watch verification technician you can go to, to ensure that the watch is verified on the spot. usually, i inform the seller that i want the watch authenticated @ my trusted technician. if seller agrees, we proceed. i will pay the seller the moment it is verified original, else i return the watch. this is usually ok for preown piece. for new piece, there is a common understanding between the seller and myself is that if the watch is accidentally scratch and the watch is original, i will still buy it as it is my choice to get it verified. however, if it is accidentally scratch and the watch is not original, then i will return. so far sellers i deal with did not sell me non original watches.

however, there are some parts that is not original which i accepted because it is a vintage and the parts are not readily available. in such cases, before i buy, i let the seller know that i have concerns say with which parts and if they are not original, i will lower the price or the seller takes back the watch. usually the deal is concluded with lower price which is reasonable to both parties.

Originally posted by rayleigh View Post
      Exactly you said it. What happen if the timepiece turns out to be fake and the refund agreement turns out to be useless? Hence, what is typically the best practise where the buyer is willing to part with cold hard cash and in return getting a genuine timepiece?
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thank you and the rest for the advises. BTW, rolex center is able to authenticate the timepiece on the spot? So efficient?

Comment

Originally posted by rayleigh View Post
          Thank you and the rest for the advises. BTW, rolex center is able to authenticate the timepiece on the spot? So efficient?
          Unfortunately, it will only take about half a day to a day before you can pick the watch up.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex116613
            Few ways to do it if you want to deal at RSC.
            Buyer inspect watch at RSC with seller.
            If watch ok, send the watch for verification using buyer IC.
            The collection card pass to seller.
            Once RSC calls buyer, buyer calls seller to meet at RSC to collect watch.
            Once RSC state is real, buyers pays.
            If seller afraid after sending the watch into RSC and buyer disappear, can request buyer to pay $107 upfront and no resizing of bracelet allowed before full payment is received.
            Hopes it helps.
            Think this method safeguard buyer the most, but could inconvenience the seller if the buyer backs out despite all checked out.
            Breitling Colt Quartz
            Chopard Millie Miglia
            Rolex Submariner 14060M
            JLC Master Control
            Rolex Daytona TT "Blue Arab"
            PAM 371 N Luminor Submersible GMT Regatta LE 500
            Helson 45mm Bronze Shark Diver
            Steinhart OCEAN One Premium Blue
            Seiko SRP605K1

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++

Comment

Noted with thanks. Any third party shop to recommend?

Comment

i am not sure if buyer's want to protect their own personal information from seller.

does the receipt RSC issue include the person who sent in the watch address or other personal details?

asking because these days i dont authenticate with RSC anymore for reasons i shall not disclose.

Originally posted by Rolex116613
                Few ways to do it if you want to deal at RSC.
                Buyer inspect watch at RSC with seller.
                If watch ok, send the watch for verification using buyer IC.
                The collection card pass to seller.
                Once RSC calls buyer, buyer calls seller to meet at RSC to collect watch.
                Once RSC state is real, buyers pays.
                If seller afraid after sending the watch into RSC and buyer disappear, can request buyer to pay $107 upfront and no resizing of bracelet allowed before full payment is received.
                Hopes it helps.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

there was a member who sold his watches similar to what you suggest.

seller has a typed out agreement indicating seller's name and NRIC and other details such as watch brand and model and expected delivery time. the field of buyer's name and NRIC is left blank. buyer and seller meet @ mutual agreed location. buyer input name and NRIC. both buyer and seller NRIC is pass to one another to check against the document. if by agreed date is not met by seller, seller will refund the deposit. buyer can request to authorized service centre or buyer's suggested third party technician for verification before watch and balance amount is exchanged hands.

Originally posted by nimm12
                  Another way is buyer pay $500 non refundable deposit to seller - buy or dont buy, seller makan $500

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

I saw thru' a watch verification recently. The RSC staff would only require a name and a contact no. for the service. It didn't matter who sent in the watch. No real particulars are required, meaning, you do not need to show your personal identification to prove you are that named.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

great guide..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X