datejust hands...lume or no lume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• datejust hands...lume or no lume

hi everyone...was browsing the net for a datejust model-16233 im interested in..noticed in some photos that the hands hv that lume strip while others don't..hmmm...the w, x and t series all sport the lume hands while the u series do not..hope someone out there may be able to offer some assistance..thanks in advance

My DJ 16234 also has no lume. But it gives a class of touch with the white gold hands.
    I think there are variants lume or not with diff dials.

Comment

Looking for my 1st DJ as well..seriously any1 use the lume

Comment

Usually it's the newer ones that have the lume. Both are legit though

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Frankly, the lume in the non-sports model isnt really useful. The luminous duration is short, unlike the lume in the current sports models like the Sub and the GMT Master 2.

Originally posted by ahmeow1967 View Post
          Looking for my 1st DJ as well..seriously any1 use the lume
          sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

depends on the dial, not the series.

some dials have no lume and the hands should match without lume.

some hands have a black line from end to end to match the dial also (eg, black lines through the middle of each roman number) - more common on WG markers than YG (eg, 16220 or wg day date).

over time, dials and hands may get changed by the past owner(s) so you get "mismatched" versions. some RSC may be okay (back then?) changing only dial and leaving the hands alone.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

My DJ 116200 comes with lume strips. Definitely looks sporty and helpful in the dark. And it's already 5 yrs old it still glows pretty well

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X