Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koala10
    replied
    I finally sold my PT DD, its weight is hefty, and my wrist tired out after a while. The DD is really very beautiful, bright and shiny looking like new even after 32 years!

PT pro: Platinum do not age. White gold will turn a bit yellowish, and its silver dial also changed to a creamy color. But my PT silver dial still looks as though its fresh from oven 32 years ago, never a tinge of yellowish at all!

However, I still prefer the aged dial and bracelet of my white gold Datejust as it feels nostalgic and emits warmth feeling. Whereas PT is a cold shiny white metal.

PT con: PT is very soft compared to WG. My PT DD is a safe queen, unlike my WG DJ which takes scratches much better than PT DD.

PT con: The biggest reason I sold off my PT DD is because its too heavy and I cannot take the weight since my wrist is ultra small.

Leave a comment:

• Koala10
    started a topic My platinum DD dented when dropped on floor

My platinum DD dented when dropped on floor

My platinum DD went for Rolex servicing and found it’s badly dented at the case back. I dropped in on the floor once and that’s how the dent come about. I think platinum is really soft and DD is not a tool watch, it needs pampering!
    I asked Rolex centre not to polish my DD though, as I am afraid the metal will thin out although forumers said platinum only disperse and will not lost like gold. However RSC said platinum will still be lost during polishing.

A bit bit sad that platinum DD needs pampering and cannot anyhow drop in floor. Haiz....

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X