Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Rolex Datejust Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • YMC: yup, that's what the AD had told me after checking out the prices before
    Buying the 116300 to see what's the best deal each AD has to offer. But all told
    me the same thing that itz will increase before CNY. So since I'm buying, so don't
    take chance and moreover all AD give different discount. So I grab the one that gives
    the best deal.
    Cos I encountered once last yr when I'm buying a tag h. watch for my wife as x'mas present ,
    price had increased as what AD mentioned when I wanted to buy another for my mum.
    Hope itz not truth for rolex on the increase then..

    Comment


    • i dont think Datejust is so ah pek loh.. after reading all the thread here.LoL.. for me i found out sport series rolex is sooooo common in the market. everyone got it...what say you?

      Comment


      • Haha. I'm definitely with you, Ctgoh. The Oyster Perpetual Datejust is the origin of all Rolexes, IMO. That's where it all began from. The Datejust is a classic and mother of all Rolexes. Lol.

        No offence to the Submariners; I do think it's a great watch too but ya they are so common. Almost every Tom, Dick and Harry has one.

        Comment


        • Tats y my 1st rolex is a DJ 116234 for formal/dress watch & my 2nd rolex is the EXPII 216570 for sports rather than a sub lor.

          Rolex owner since 2010
          Previously owned:
          Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
          GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
          Current collection:
          Datejust 36(116234) V serial
          GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
          Upcoming/Wishlist:
          "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

          Comment


          • Whoa, wear an Exp II for sports? My watch for sports is a Casio G-Shock. Haha.

            Comment


            • Hi everyone, just signed up yesterday.

              My parents passed me some old DJ which i wish to sell in order to get newer Rolex
              Is there a proper channel for me to post some pics and info in this forum to get a rough idea of how much to sell the DJ for?

              Thanks!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by tommyx View Post
                Hi everyone, just signed up yesterday.

                My parents passed me some old DJ which i wish to sell in order to get newer Rolex
                Is there a proper channel for me to post some pics and info in this forum to get a rough idea of how much to sell the DJ for?

                Thanks!
                Hey,

                Do share some pictures here so we can enjoy it too! And help you ID the watch. You can post in our Rolex Garage after you accumulate more than 10 posts. Now before you do anything...

                I did have the same thinking some time back, had a DJ from my grandfather passed down to me. Thought it looked pretty uncle-ish and I wanted to sell it off for one of the contemporary sports Rolex. After consulting some friends in the community and thinking really hard, I decided against it. The sentimental value is priceless, should I regret one day and want to buy back the same exact watch you can't.

                We have a couple of members who did share their stories, I remember one of them sold off his Rolex for a computer back then. Now, to buy back the same Rolex is not possible. My advice is to keep it, work hard and buy yourself a brand new or preowned one that you like. One day, you put the vintage one on your wrist and you will start to appreciate it,and the person who gave it to you.

                Cheers


                Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ymc View Post
                  Whoa, wear an Exp II for sports? My watch for sports is a Casio G-Shock. Haha.
                  Lolz yup wear my ExpII to the gym eversince i got it & replaced my old Tag 2000 automatic lor haha

                  Rolex owner since 2010
                  Previously owned:
                  Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                  GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                  Current collection:
                  Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                  GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                  Upcoming/Wishlist:
                  "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

                  Comment


                  • Hi guys,

                    Very new to this forum, but hope you guys can help me out here...

                    I am looking to get a 116233 for my dad...



                    Price for a brand new piece is rather steep...recalled checking and it was about $14k RRP before 10% discount...

                    Is there anywhere that you can recommend me to view used ones? I heard Peng Kwee is not a good place to go...

                    Also, is the 16233 the older variation of this model? I recalled my dad used to have one long ago...juz wanna get one for him now...=p

                    TIA!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                      Hey,

                      Do share some pictures here so we can enjoy it too! And help you ID the watch. You can post in our Rolex Garage after you accumulate more than 10 posts. Now before you do anything...

                      I did have the same thinking some time back, had a DJ from my grandfather passed down to me. Thought it looked pretty uncle-ish and I wanted to sell it off for one of the contemporary sports Rolex. After consulting some friends in the community and thinking really hard, I decided against it. The sentimental value is priceless, should I regret one day and want to buy back the same exact watch you can't.

                      We have a couple of members who did share their stories, I remember one of them sold off his Rolex for a computer back then. Now, to buy back the same Rolex is not possible. My advice is to keep it, work hard and buy yourself a brand new or preowned one that you like. One day, you put the vintage one on your wrist and you will start to appreciate it,and the person who gave it to you.

                      Cheers
                      Ok will take some pictures and post here.
                      It's a TT 16233 X series.

                      Thanks.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by skeleton View Post
                        Hi guys,

                        Very new to this forum, but hope you guys can help me out here...

                        I am looking to get a 116233 for my dad...



                        Price for a brand new piece is rather steep...recalled checking and it was about $14k RRP before 10% discount...

                        Is there anywhere that you can recommend me to view used ones? I heard Peng Kwee is not a good place to go...

                        Also, is the 16233 the older variation of this model? I recalled my dad used to have one long ago...juz wanna get one for him now...=p

                        TIA!
                        U r rite tat Pxxx Kxxx is NOT a gd pl 2 go! Imho, try searching it here in forum 1st & if not can always try those paid advertisers (e.g. HJ, ChuanWatch, etc...)? Yes, 16233 is the older version of the current 116233 model. Happy searching & shopping for it!

                        Rolex owner since 2010
                        Previously owned:
                        Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                        GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                        Current collection:
                        Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                        GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                        Upcoming/Wishlist:
                        "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

                        Comment


                        • Air king is an elegant and simple watch. suitable for both men and ladies. however, the only downside is the relatively poor resale value compared to the rest of the rolex models. however, i guess, it being a rolex, the resale value should still be better than other brands??

                          Originally posted by Ymc View Post
                          Firsttimer, have you taken a look at Air King? It will be closer to your budget if you intend to buy a new Rolex. Not sure if that's what you want as it is a smaller diameter and does not have a date. But still a Rolex.

                          Comment


                          • hi im new here, how much is a new DATEJUST” 18K Halfgold with white dial with and without 10 Diamonds ?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by sylar7 View Post
                              hi im new here, how much is a new DATEJUST” 18K Halfgold with white dial with and without 10 Diamonds ?
                              To help answer your question, pls state type of gold (rose/pink, yellow, white) you are after & provide the model no. (from Rolex website/catalogue) would help alot!

                              Rolex owner since 2010
                              Previously owned:
                              Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                              GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                              Current collection:
                              Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                              GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                              Upcoming/Wishlist:
                              "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

                              Comment


                              • just got this for my dad






                                love the evenly aged patina on the markers & hands

                                Comment

                                Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

                                Collapse

                                Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X