DD2 gold with round bezel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD2 gold with round bezel?

I'm thinking of getting a dd2 white gold but I want it with round bezel. Like the platinum model without paying for platinum premium. Can it be done or do I have to go aftermarket bezel? Btw what's the price diff between the white gold and platinum model?

You talking about this?

This bezel is available in the WG Daydate II no worries. Even the Datejust has it

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thanks. Do you know if the white gold is plated? And whether the plating will rub off over time?

Comment

Originally posted by tomasulu View Post
        Thanks. Do you know if the white gold is plated? And whether the plating will rub off over time?
        Hi,

If it's the white gold Daydate it's 18K solid white gold. Not plated

Comment

[PHP][/PHP]
          Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          Hi,

If it's the white gold Daydate it's 18K solid white gold. Not plated
          Most white gold jewelry gets a rhodium plating because of the yellow sheen. I'm sure at 18k Rolex does that to its white gold watches as well. I may be wrong.

Comment

[PHP][/PHP]

Most white gold jewelry gets a rhodium plating because of the yellow sheen. I'm sure at 18k Rolex does that to its white gold watches as well. I may be wrong.
            Not sure of the process of making but I believe they do.

Comment

[PHP][/PHP]

this has been debated for a long time. i believe that in the past, rolex used rhoduim plating, but modern day models are not plated as they only use a unique alloy blended at their private foundries.

of course, others say all gold will yellow eventually (including everose), but like i said, this debate has been going on for a while. i think it's safe to say that it is unlikely that a modern white gold rolex will yellow in your life time unless you work in some rather caustic environments.
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

You're right. Interesting read - http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=65436

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X