Views Needed on Possible Options of Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Views Needed on Possible Options of Watch

Would like to gather some views on possibility of next watch. Looking at a two tone, been toying with the options of a two tone blue face Sub, two tone GMT or a two tone lady datejust.

Reason being i don't have a two tone watch, original wanted a two tone GMT as i already have a SS sub, not sure if i want to get another sub but a friend convince me the blue face is really pretty outstanding which i agree and between a two tone sub blue or black face, it only seems to make sense to buy the blue face one if getting a sub. But a two tone black face GMT seems easier to match clothes and means i don't duplicate watch models.

The lady datejust is something i always wanted but never got around to getting one, somehow the nagging consumer mentality of it being a high price watch with low resale value compared to sport models is always there. Not likely i will sell the watch but still feel a bit unbalance. I do have a penchant for bigger watches, but somehow now my 6694 is my daily beater, it is light, easier to wear and goes with everything.

thank you for reading this long winded post, appreciate if i can get some views. Only considering brand new AD pieces so please refrain from advising from pre-own prices point of view.
    Two Tone Ladies DateJust
    33.33%
    Two Tone GMT
    20.00%
    Two Tone Blue Face Sub
    46.67%
    Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

May I suggest Datejust II 2 tone 116333 for your consideration?

Comment

go with the two tone blue sub and you won't regret.. my wife wears my sub some times and it still looks good on her...
      HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
      ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
      Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
      Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
      Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
      TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
      G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
      Rolex ladies datejust
      vintage Cartier tank 18k
      TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

two tone blue face sub for me

Comment

a DJ is a must for a female collection regardless of material for collection. if the high price is a mental block, then get a pre-own.

Originally posted by MsLucifer View Post
          Would like to gather some views on possibility of next watch. Looking at a two tone, been toying with the options of a two tone blue face Sub, two tone GMT or a two tone lady datejust.

Reason being i don't have a two tone watch, original wanted a two tone GMT as i already have a SS sub, not sure if i want to get another sub but a friend convince me the blue face is really pretty outstanding which i agree and between a two tone sub blue or black face, it only seems to make sense to buy the blue face one if getting a sub. But a two tone black face GMT seems easier to match clothes and means i don't duplicate watch models.

The lady datejust is something i always wanted but never got around to getting one, somehow the nagging consumer mentality of it being a high price watch with low resale value compared to sport models is always there. Not likely i will sell the watch but still feel a bit unbalance. I do have a penchant for bigger watches, but somehow now my 6694 is my daily beater, it is light, easier to wear and goes with everything.

thank you for reading this long winded post, appreciate if i can get some views. Only considering brand new AD pieces so please refrain from advising from pre-own prices point of view.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Well thought out choices, MsLucifer

Let me try to understand. You have a SS black (dial) Sub and feel getting another Sub isn't a wise choice, though it may be a blue (dial) one. You think acquiring a GMTII (also black dial like your Sub) makes more sense since it is a different model in your collection.

I will not comment on the Datejust...hehe

Ok, if it is a sports model you are after, and taking into consideration that you have a SS black Sub already, I will think that the TT blue Sub is a better choice in terms of color. The model aside, a blue WATCH will give you a better color assortment in your collection. As for the TT GMTII, the difference (in color) will not be as obvious as a blue one, since it is still a black dial watch like your Sub.

Just my personal opinion.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i thought you will be TT GMT supporter leh..

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              Well thought out choices, MsLucifer

Let me try to understand. You have a SS black (dial) Sub and feel getting another Sub isn't a wise choice, though it may be a blue (dial) one. You think acquiring a GMTII (also black dial like your Sub) makes more sense since it is a different model in your collection.

I will not comment on the Datejust...hehe

Ok, if it is a sports model you are after, and taking into consideration that you have a SS black Sub already, I will think that the TT blue Sub is a better choice in terms of color. The model aside, a blue WATCH will give you a better color assortment in your collection. As for the TT GMTII, the difference (in color) will not be as obvious as a blue one, since it is still a black dial watch like your Sub.

Just my personal opinion.
              Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

I still am. But have also start to like the blue TT Sub
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

If i will u,i will get a two tone blue sub

Reason being though both are sub,but the difference is that u have s/s black face sub & a two tone blue face sub & can switch to wear for different occasions

I got my GMT two tone brand new together with my colleague who got a blue sub two tone,at first look,i don't find the blue face sub nice during that time but as time goes by,i appreciate the look whenever i see him wearing it,very special,eye catching,head turner & best of all,it has lasting look

Hope by then u have made your choice,

Cheers & have a great weekends!!!

Comment

From a purely aesthetics perspective, I'll get the date just.
                    1. Blue sub TT may be difficult to match clothing
                    2. Date just is a Rolex classic
                    3. Certain models with diamonds and all can be dressy and will go with almost anything from cocktail dress, corporate wear, jeans etc

The gmt TT will be second choice. Buying a watch is about wearing it and secondly resale value. If it is difficult to match ur wardrobe very likely it may be sold faster than u know it.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X