Question on 16600 dial with "Swiss" only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on 16600 dial with "Swiss" only

I've seen a Sea Dweller 16600 that's supposed to be U series (1997/1998 production?) but only "Swiss" is indicated in the dial. I thought U series was still using Tritium and thus should have "Swiss-T>25" dial? Could the "Swiss" dial be wrong for that series? Is it already using Luminova?

if the serial number is towards the end then it may be possible that swiss dial is used.

Originally posted by guibs View Post
    I've seen a Sea Dweller 16600 that's supposed to be U series (1997/1998 production?) but only "Swiss" is indicated in the dial. I thought U series was still using Tritium and thus should have "Swiss-T>25" dial? Could the "Swiss" dial be wrong for that series? Is it already using Luminova?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Agree...

Comment

So it means it was a 1998 production....

...and not produced in 1997? Also it's already using luminova? Does it use sapphire crystal already?

Comment

whether it is produced during 1997 or otherwise, only Rolex knows.

T<25 tritum
          swiss - luminova
          swiss made - luminova

sapphire crystal on the watch - yes.

...and not produced in 1997? Also it's already using luminova? Does it use sapphire crystal already?
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=27531

Comment

One last thing pls....

Did Rolex start using luminova in 1998, so definitely any Swiss dial means at least a 1998 produced watch?

Originally posted by triton View Post
              whether it is produced during 1997 or otherwise, only Rolex knows.

T<25 tritum
              swiss - luminova
              swiss made - luminova

sapphire crystal on the watch - yes.

Comment

if rolex manufacture lunminova dials prior to 1998 would the public know?

there are no official records to say that swiss dial means at least a 1998 produced watch. what information is available online is due to public contributing and so far it seems that luminova dials are used during that period. this does not mean that the luminova dial has not been used prior to that.

Did Rolex start using luminova in 1998, so definitely any Swiss dial means at least a 1998 produced watch?

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

I've seen a Sea Dweller 16600 that's supposed to be U series k(1997/1998 production?) but only "Swiss" is indicated in the dial. I thought U series was still using Tritium and thus should have "Swiss-T>25" dial? Could the "Swiss" dial be wrong for that series? Is it already using Luminova?

The best way to identify is never just by the dial alone.
                  Look at hands and bezel pearl. Are they all consistent?

It may still be possible for Rolex factory to use luminova dial and tritium hands but i believe the chances would be lower compared to higher.

In my opinion, it is likely a replacement dial if the serial number is tritium period and yet the dial is not when the hands are.

Replacement may not necessarily mean service dial.
                  Replacement dial could mean an original dial from another watch from a different period.

Bottomline, buy and wear the watch that you like.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X