explorer II on std oyster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• explorer II on std oyster

anyone know how much a normal oyster bracelet cost?

im thinking of buying an old expyII and replace with new normal oyster bracelet.

im tired of having to have two latches to lock the bracelet.

alternatively can i put the new SS jubilee bracelet? i think that would look very nice. a nice touch of sportiness and a mix of dress elegance
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Wa.. sounds pariah!!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post

im thinking of buying an old expyII and replace with new normal oyster bracelet.

alternatively can i put the new SS jubilee bracelet? i think that would look very nice. a nice touch of sportiness and a mix of dress elegance
      pardon me for saying this, i dont think a jubilee bracelet looks good on a explorer II
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        Wa.. sounds pariah!!

VERY VERY...

Firstly...I have to say this. Only the DJ is good for mixing and matching....

If u do that it would only spoil the looks of the Exp II seriously...and the bracelet size may not match

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I will strongly object...it will look seriously...UGLY

Do not modify it best...

Comment

ok... i have found one pic that show expyII with jubilee... i agree now not so good looking. before i was going on "gut and mind" feeling.

but back to oyster bracelet... just a std one. the "twinflip" lock seriously not my type.

i think i also see a daytona that "look" like twinflip clasp, but infact it was a single piece clasp. very shiok looking, and also very new model. so just wondering
            Blue 6694
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

ok... i have found one pic that show expyII with jubilee... i agree now not so good looking. before i was going on "gut and mind" feeling.

but back to oyster bracelet... just a std one. the "twinflip" lock seriously not my type.

i think i also see a daytona that "look" like twinflip clasp, but infact it was a single piece clasp. very shiok looking, and also very new model. so just wondering
              Hmm..but well there is a difference in the bracelet size? can someone confirm this? But I think it would look odd la if u put that.

Besides...err where are u going to buy ur bracelet?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                Hmm..but well there is a difference in the bracelet size? can someone confirm this? But I think it would look odd la if u put that.

Besides...err where are u going to buy ur bracelet?
                currently im just looking to opinions, and i have lobang that can easily swap out the bracelets if i wish (2nd hand dealers)
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

currently im just looking to opinions, and i have lobang that can easily swap out the bracelets if i wish (2nd hand dealers)
                  Oh i see...but exp II is not recommended...thats all I have to say.

Any new purchases coming in?

Comment

Older Explorer 2 (maybe before 1995) doesnt come with 'twinlock' clasps. Maybe ask your dealer to source for its bracelet. Will fit better than a datejust bracelet.
                    Submariner 14060
                    Breitling Colt Auto II
                    Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
                    Bell & Ross BR03-92
                    MM20

Comment

aftermarket single-flip lock bracelets on 316L steel are available on ebay for very little(without the Rolex logo). I think a genuine 904L steel single-flip lock from Rolex will set you back by at least $300.00.

Comment

Originally posted by profjohn View Post
                        aftermarket single-flip lock bracelets on 316L steel are available on ebay for very little(without the Rolex logo). I think a genuine 904L steel single-flip lock from Rolex will set you back by at least $300.00.
                        It's more than double of $300 IIRC. Think it's close to $800. Not very sure though. Can some expert pls verify the fig?
                        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
                          Older Explorer 2 (maybe before 1995) doesnt come with 'twinlock' clasps. Maybe ask your dealer to source for its bracelet. Will fit better than a datejust bracelet.
                          cool. i will ask for that, also gotta make sure no lug holes, another of my "prerequisites"

Originally posted by profjohn View Post
                          somehow i do not like the aftermarket bracelets, but we'll see how it goes. if 904L rollie bracelet is ~S$300, then not too bad one can still afford. the new jubilee bracelet two tone for 16233 is S$3525 (or thereabouts) that is definately out of my reach. but a nice bracelet none the less and very comfortable.

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                          It's more than double of $300 IIRC. Think it's close to $800. Not very sure though. Can some expert pls verify the fig?
                          would love to see a firm price on this, but i have a gut feeling S$300 a bit little, esp when you see the crown on it.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                          Oh i see...but exp II is not recommended...thats all I have to say.

Any new purchases coming in?
                          thanks for your opinion. i will have to play around and see. my uncle now flooded with people wanting to sell him rollies (2nd hand) so i hope i can snag an expyII at a nice price

as for new purchases, not sure must check stock, usually i try and sell my own stock in Oz first before getting anymore in. I may want to go back in June/July so more then enough time for my lobangs to be on the lookout for pre owned expyII
                          Last edited by seiko.citizen; 22-03-08, 09:27 PM.
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                            ..thats right....Brand new is $751

thanks for your opinion. i will have to play around and see. my uncle now flooded with people wanting to sell him rollies (2nd hand) so i hope i can snag an expyII at a nice price

as for new purchases, not sure must check stock, usually i try and sell my own stock in Oz first before getting anymore in. I may want to go back in June/July so more then enough time for my lobangs to be on the lookout for pre owned expyII
                            Very lucky guy la..ur uncle buy/sell rollie 1. ANyway...back to business.

For a standard oyster bracelet,2nd hand is gonna cost u ard $380 and I saw bronzeage has it. Brand new is $751 when I bought my new bracelet from RSC.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X