SD timing off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD timing off

Sigh. Didn't really check too closely at first, but suspected my SD timing was off. So yesterday, synced it to my PC clock, which I sync to internet time server. Tonight came back and check, alamak, SD was running 9 mins fast!!!

Didn't believe, re-sync my PC to internet time server again, plus check with my other *quartz* watch ... sigh ... SD really fast by 9 mins in 24 hrs.

Got to make a trip down to RSC I guess. Next week got to find a time to do so.

If less than 1 min I probably don't mind, but 9 mins in a day is too much. Will have to constantly adjust every couple of days, which kind of defeats the point of getting a COSC watch in the first place.

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
    Sigh. Didn't really check too closely at first, but suspected my SD timing was off. So yesterday, synced it to my PC clock, which I sync to internet time server. Tonight came back and check, alamak, SD was running 9 mins fast!!!

Didn't believe, re-sync my PC to internet time server again, plus check with my other *quartz* watch ... sigh ... SD really fast by 9 mins in 24 hrs.

Got to make a trip down to RSC I guess. Next week got to find a time to do so.

If less than 1 min I probably don't mind, but 9 mins in a day is too much. Will have to constantly adjust every couple of days, which kind of defeats the point of getting a COSC watch in the first place.
    think it is time to send it to RSC for a check. when was the last service done?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      think it is time to send it to RSC for a check. when was the last service done?
      Believe it or not .. I just bought it brand-new from AD in Feb. It'll be covered under warranty, but still, the hassle of going down. Sianz.

Comment

Believe it or not .. I just bought it brand-new from AD in Feb. It'll be covered under warranty, but still, the hassle of going down. Sianz.
        so new yet got problem. that is bad.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

dun worry bro...it is a 10 min job.... and FOC since under warranty

Comment

i think regulation is FOC even outside of warranty period. anyone want to double check and let me know?
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

The same happened to my GMT II some years back. Think it was its' 3rd year.. warranty just over.

Went down to RSC, they did a check and said that the watch was magnetised.. They put it on a machine and de-magnetised it... and it's back to +3sec again... FOC but waited for some time in RSC...

Don't ask me how it got magnetised.. I just remembered it was left in the drawer for about a week while I was overseas and when I came back it is running fast...very fast....

I get irritated when the watch is not performing up to specs.. Less than 5sec a day should be still ok.. think the spec was -2sec to +6sec for chronometer.

Comment

i think rolex also a bit malu if their watch is out so much, so better to hurry and fix up, since it is about a 20min job. the AD want my watch for a few days, cannot do on the spot
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Must wait till next week ... they're not open on weekends right?

Comment

Must wait till next week ... they're not open on weekends right?
                    from my understanding RSC mon-fri 1000 - 1900 daily. not open on sat and definitely not on sun.
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

sorry to hear abt yr SD. 9mins in 24hrs really does seem extraordinary. keep us updated.
                      Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                      "Foreign affections"
                      1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                      2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                      3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                      4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                      What's NEXT?

Comment

though nowhere as serious as the TS ..
                        my subbie seems gain half a min everyday ..
                        sync to my computer clock ..
                        is this acceptable by rollie standard ??
                        advisible to send in for repairs ??

also.. when the second hand reaches the 12 o'clock position .. should the minute hand be right on the minute marker ?

Comment

i abit scared of handing over my rolex to the AD here, since I never buy from them. Any idea how to handle such situation?
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Go to rolex center direct, no need to go through AD.

Comment

Originally posted by jSkywalker View Post
                              Go to rolex center direct, no need to go through AD.
                              perth got no RSC, only one AD with an in house technician
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X