SD timing off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
    sorry to hear abt yr SD. 9mins in 24hrs really does seem extraordinary. keep us updated.

Haiz ... no time to go at all. Just finished work today, and tomorrow weekend, again RSC not open. Sian.

But somehow, it seems to have settled down a little bit, now like only about 10-15 secs off the last two days. Maybe it was a glitch ... I'll monitor a bit more, and hopefully find some time to go soon.

Comment

COSC standard is +/- 3-4 sec a day... so anything more or less is not acceptable.

I took my wife's datejust to RSC today over lunch. It is under warranty too.

Took them about a half hour to regulate it ... they said it was 15s off a day.

If you are nervous ... well, its all glass... so you can follow the work being done.

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
        COSC standard is +/- 3-4 sec a day... so anything more or less is not acceptable.

If you are nervous ... well, its all glass... so you can follow the work being done.
        cool .. tks for the info .. gonna send my subbie in next week liao ..

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post

did u see how they regulate the watch?? really scare if they really strip opened the back casing, "breaking" the seal, furthermore it's 1/2 hour's job. is it really seal tight??

regards

Comment

C.O.S.C. in full stands for "Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres". and C.O.S.C. standards for mechanical watches are actually within the daily avarage range of -4 seconds to +6 seconds..
            HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
            REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by deanlim View Post
              did u see how they regulate the watch?? really scare if they really strip opened the back casing, "breaking" the seal, furthermore it's 1/2 hour's job. is it really seal tight??

regards
              i think should be OK. if you can prove that RSC never take care, Im sure you can make fuss and complain
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                i think should be OK. if you can prove that RSC never take care, Im sure you can make fuss and complain
                i guess the problem is how to proof ..
                wonder if we get a paper acknowledging that RSC had serviced our watch under warranty ?

Comment

After reading this thread, I was monitoring my Sub Date.. apparently speed up 13seconds after 4 days, 3 1/4 seconds per day... but to me, okay lah.. as long its not a minute more a day, I am not too concern about it...

On another note, my friend's GMT watch apparently is SMACK accurate even after a week. He never monitors it until I pose this qns to him.. COOL!!!!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                  - GMT II
                  - GMT IIc TT
                  - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                  - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                  - U1
                  - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X