Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice on 16750 Purchase

Hi everyone,

First post. I'm a total n00b, so I kindly beg for your n00b tolerance. Anyway, just so happens a relative of mine offered me a 16750 GMT I for 6.2k. Condition is somewhat scratchy throughout, without any box or papers. I checked the accuracy against time.gov, and it's still within 4 seconds or so. I might be able to persuade him to lower the price though. Thing is I don't really know how much this thing is really worth - haven't done my homework yet. Taking into account that I may have to service it, is that a fair price? I appreciate any input. Thanks.

~trem

Good price, depending on the condition of the watch-bracelet (stretch marks), dial (any corrosion or signs of water marks), dings or major scratches on the watch external. FYI, you might not be able to get it at $6.2K with local dealers, subject to conditions.

I would strongly advise you to check the watch properly (thru a dealer or an experienced technician) before purchase, or at least know that the time can be adjusted & date turns correctly after 24hrs, the crown shld also be able to wind up the watch without fail. (for layman).

Oh yes, just to promote my services in case you might want to engage, I'm a watch technician.

Just some of my humble comments.

Hope that it helps.

Comment

just dropped by a pre-owned shop at ppc.

a gmt II going for 7.2k with box and papers... i think still got warranty left (warranty may be mistaken with the subs i was looking at..)
      In The Bag
      Him
      Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
      Her
      Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
      Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

PPC's price really sucks when I checked last week..I rather top up 2K get a GMT 11 Ceramic.

7k for used GMT II, no way its worth it man.

Comment

Originally posted by sci70716 View Post
          PPC's price really sucks when I checked last week..I rather top up 2K get a GMT 11 Ceramic.

you are right in that aspect, however we have to understand that when they set those prices, obviously, got people buying, otherwise who would set so high and no one buying.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by sci70716 View Post

maybe now we feel that for 7k, it is too much to pay for GMT II. depending on series and condition also.

if 5 years down the road, the asking price for the same piece is 8k, we will definitely be kicking ourselves for not buying earlier.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I am also interested in getting a GMT 1, was wondering what would be a good price for a 9-10 yr old piece. The black bezel I seen at PK is going at 8k..

Comment

Originally posted by varas View Post
                I am also interested in getting a GMT 1, was wondering what would be a good price for a 9-10 yr old piece. The black bezel I seen at PK is going at 8k..
                PK very expensive, but good range and i think sometimes they may have the occasional piece that isnt too expensive.
                Look around the 2nd hand dealer, and maybe they can offer a better piece at that or better price.
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

How come I dont have relatives with rollies to sell!!

You can take it to RSC for a servicing quote. That will give you an idea of how much work may be needed. You can of course get it overhauled cheaper at other techs should you so wish.

Don't worry about scratches for a s/s watch. They can polish out.
                  The bigger question is whether you like the acrylic crystal as this scratches easily...
                  go for 16700 if you want sapphire crystal and similar functions.

And, if you don't want this 16750 - ask your rellie to drop me a note !!

Comment

Originally posted by elyjacob View Post
                    just dropped by a pre-owned shop at ppc.

a gmt II going for 7.2k with box and papers... i think still got warranty left (warranty may be mistaken with the subs i was looking at..)
                    I hope you are preferring to Gmt II withthe ceramic bezel?

i got my GMT II 16710 for about 6.5k brand new from HG!!!
                    Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
                    Tag Heuer Formula 1
                    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
                    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
                    Rolex GMT II 16710
                    Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
                      I hope you are preferring to Gmt II withthe ceramic bezel?

i got my GMT II 16710 for about 6.5k brand new from HG!!!

when was this?
                      Rolex GMT Master 1675 16750 16760 16700
                      Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
                      Submariner 16610LV 16613
                      Patek Aquanaut 5165A

Comment

Originally posted by ricnas1 View Post
                        when was this?
                        last year June. before the 2% GST hike
                        Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
                        Tag Heuer Formula 1
                        Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
                        Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
                        Rolex GMT II 16710
                        Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

wah kao...
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

sounds right.

Those were the days when a 2year old 16710 was S$4500 , a 16700 was $3900-4200 and a 16750 was $5500.

Comment

Originally posted by varas View Post
                              i also saw one at peninsula blue/red bezel going for 8.5k. very very shiny & all that jazz, obviously it underwent some touch-up before it was put on display. the SA told me got discount but not much. it's confirmed a gmt-I
                              Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                              "Foreign affections"
                              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                              2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                              3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                              4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                              What's NEXT?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X