Should I get a GMT II ceremic??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get a GMT II ceremic??

Damn, seeing more and more of these... damn tempted... Thought of flipping my SUBBIE, top-up and get 1...

I have two qns need brothers advice and opinions..
    1) I have a SS Subdate.. Should I sell it off to make way for a new GMT II ceremic (in TT or SS)
    2) Should I go for TT or SS???

Lets hear some comments dudes!!!

I am still seating on the fence.. nothing finalised hor..
    Last edited by jazz_samz; 25-04-08, 11:42 PM.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

is either model smiling at you? If so, you should get it (finance permitting). Simple as that, no need to ask further questions
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Tats the problem... I like them both but don't want to put down the $$ to get both..
      Thinking whether does it make more sense to flip my SUB and get a GMT cII (SS/TT) or keep my sub(due to XXXX reason) and make a new purchase altogether...

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
      - GMT IIc TT
      - U1
      - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

some people enjoy buying and flipping watch. for those in this group, if the selling price is lower than purchase price, it looks like you paying rental for the use of the watch. also if you are in this group of people, you need to buy wisely

will the GMT IIc end up like the sub LV? where initally the hype was strong and hence commanding a high premium. currently, i would not want to get the GMT IIc now because the price is too high.

as to which watch should you sell to fund your next purchase, which one u prefer more? the less preferred one should be the one you want to sell.

TT or SS? which one you prefer? for me i dont fancy TT.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i know the price for it is too much of a premium to pay now.. but my good friend MAY be going to US this June.. so am toying with the idea... kekkeke If I need his help to get for me, he'll surely help.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
          - GMT IIc TT
          - U1
          - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

bro jazz, good things come to all who wait. if u r not in an urgent need to buy one, my personal opinion is to continue wearing the subbie and wait for all the hype of the gmt-IIc to settle. something tells me that rolex will do something nxt yr that's gonna make many flip their IIc for the purported ceramic pepsi. i recall reading this from the rolex forum or timezone. according to sources, it is currently not technically possible to create a ceramic pepsi bezel.

well, i only got this to say: the power of $$$ will make the impossible very possible.
            Remnants of my irresponsibility:
            "Foreign affections"
            1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
            2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
            3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
            4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
            What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
              Tats the problem... I like them both but don't want to put down the $$ to get both..
              Thinking whether does it make more sense to flip my SUB and get a GMT cII (SS/TT) or keep my sub(due to XXXX reason) and make a new purchase altogether...
              OooH. that is my problem too, everything also like, but how to buy?

Originally posted by triton View Post
              some people enjoy buying and flipping watch. for those in this group, if the selling price is lower than purchase price, it looks like you paying rental for the use of the watch. also if you are in this group of people, you need to buy wisely

will the GMT IIc end up like the sub LV? where initally the hype was strong and hence commanding a high premium. currently, i would not want to get the GMT IIc now because the price is too high.

as to which watch should you sell to fund your next purchase, which one u prefer more? the less preferred one should be the one you want to sell.

TT or SS? which one you prefer? for me i dont fancy TT.
              I think the IIc is going thru a progressive stage, where people buy for "bragging rights", afterawhile, the hype will sure die down. Having said that, the daytona still as strong as ever.

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
              bro jazz, good things come to all who wait. if u r not in an urgent need to buy one, my personal opinion is to continue wearing the subbie and wait for all the hype of the gmt-IIc to settle. something tells me that rolex will do something nxt yr that's gonna make many flip their IIc for the purported ceramic pepsi. i recall reading this from the rolex forum or timezone. according to sources, it is currently not technically possible to create a ceramic pepsi bezel.

well, i only got this to say: the power of $$$ will make the impossible very possible.
              agree. If 2009 proves to that theory right, I guess I will be jumping on the bandwagon, but only if the price is right
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

yo bro!! Thats for the info.. Honestly, I dun surf other sites tat often.... So din read abt tat speculation for 2009 tat Rolex May launch a pepsi ceremic...

Not tat desperte to get tat YET..... Just tat I grown to like the new design.... so the itch begins...

The other criteria is tat I won't want to buy it at a premium.... So maybe like u said, to wait out the hype- seems more logical...
                Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

I would think in this way...

Luxury item works in such a way that when it first launched into the market, as a buyer you have to paid for the premium. Which mean you are the first owner if not hundred who own the item whereby the market is still rare and fresh. Similarly to car!!!

Of course you can wait for the price to be more stable but on the other hand the item probably becomes common in the market...no longer new anymore.

In all...it's depend on how early you would like to own the item...new or become common!!! This normally depend on how loaded you are

Cheerio,

Comment

I think the GMT IIc is overpriced la. Keep the sub date man

The sub date has proven itself with more than 50yrs of rich history. The GMT IIc is hot now because it's still relatively new. But actually, it has nothing much to boast about in terms of movement. The GMT IIc is driven by the Cal 3186, which is almost similar to the previous 16710, which is driven by the Cal 3185. The main diff is probably the inclusion of the parachrom spring. Other than that, the rest of the enhancements are all cosmetics, which IMHO, is no big deal...

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

I love the GMT IIc as well. But I am going to wait...no rush...
                      Jim

Wishlist 2013
                      * ROLEX GMT Master IIc
                      * PAM 88

Comment

Damn, seeing more and more of these... damn tempted... Thought of flipping my SUBBIE, top-up and get 1...

1) I have a SS Subdate.. Should I sell it off to make way for a new GMT II ceremic (in TT or SS)

Bro, IMHO, retain yr Sub & wait awhile till the fever of GMT2c subside.
                        The 2c is a so-called fresh release & over time - say by end this year or early next year when Rolex release the DSSD - it may drop below list.
                        By then, can consider.
                        However, if really itchy & poison starts to seep and inch closer to the nervous system resulting in sleeplessness and hallucination - then bo pian liao.

BTW, i prefer the SS bracelet as it blends quite well with the case. Just my preference.
                        The Current Squad :

14060M VSeries, DJ116200 MSeries, OmegaSMPO XL, Sinn U1, Breitling SuperO, Glycine Lagunare, ML PontosDay, ML PontosDayDate, SeikoSamurai White, SeikoSumo Blue, SeikoDiver's SKX007J, SeikoSinn SRP043K2

Comment

I jus got a brand new GMT Master II in Europe at abt S$10k . Will be going back again in July. Anyone interested? I can ask for more discount.

PM me.
                          CT
                          -------------

Sub Date (V Series)
                          GMT2 16710
                          PAM 005K
                          PAM 219J
                          Sinn U2
                          Sinn EZM 1LE
                          Ball Alligator
                          Benarus Worldiver

Comment

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...ght=gmt-master

the rumoured pepsi ceramic. good things come to those who wait or would it be just another flash in the pan? you decide.
                            Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                            "Foreign affections"
                            1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                            2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                            3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                            4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                            What's NEXT?

Comment

gmtII-c

Just my two cents,

i had a gmt2-c for a little while and i found it to be a nice, hefty and substantial watch. You get a lot of watch for your money, but i wouldnt pay >9.8k for it (i was lucky to get it for <9.5k from a u.s.a AD last october).

My main concern was the fact that the polished bracelet links picked-up scratches and hairlines really easily, but on the whole the watch really gives off a good vibe as to the future direction of the brand (at least to me).

The ceramic bezel is gorgeous and depending on the light, looks almost molten from certain angles.

regards,
                              inf1d3l

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X