Power Reserve on GMT IIc 116710

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Reserve on GMT IIc 116710

Not sure if anyone ask this question before....sorry if this is a repeat.

Like to check bro who own the GMT IIc (116710) on the power reserve hours...mine is like about 30 hours...is this normal? I thought it should be ~2 days (48 hours)....please advice.....i hope mine is not abnormal...

Originally posted by ongbann View Post

Like to check bro who own the GMT IIc (116710) on the power reserve hours...mine is like about 30 hours...is this normal? I thought it should be ~2 days (48 hours)....please advice.....i hope mine is not abnormal...
    I don't own a 116710 but I do have a SD and both should be around 44 hours or so if the watch is fully wound... did you fully wind the watch before coming to the conclusion that its power reserve is only 30 hours? My suggestion is to let the power reserve run down till the watch completely stop ticking. Then give the watch 40 turns so that its fully wound. Meanwhile, for a more accurate gauge, do not wear the watch but timed how long it runs before it stop ticking again. If its still 30 hours then I think you need to send it in to RSC for a check. juz my suggestion .
    HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
    REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Yes the power reserve should be close to 2 days ~ 44 hrs
      My Collection
      Pam 196
      Pam 23
      Pam 187
      Rolex Explorer II "Polar Bear"
      Corum Black Hull 48
      AP Royal Oak Offshore Titanium

Wishlist
      Pam 233
      AP Bumblebee

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
        I don't own a 116710 but I do have a SD and both should be around 44 hours or so if the watch is fully wound... did you fully wind the watch before coming to the conclusion that its power reserve is only 30 hours? My suggestion is to let the power reserve run down till the watch completely stop ticking. Then give the watch 40 turns so that its fully wound. Meanwhile, for a more accurate gauge, do not wear the watch but timed how long it runs before it stop ticking again. If its still 30 hours then I think you need to send it in to RSC for a check. juz my suggestion .
        I'm wearing it everyday except on Sat or Sun, so that should wound it to the max, am I right? e.g. I wear from Mon - Fri last week and came back home on Fri around 6pm and stop wearing it on Sat day time until Sat 6pm I wear again until around 12+am, so wear about 6 hrs. Then for the whole of Sun I didn't wear it until Mon morning the watch stop ticking at about 6.40am on Mon. So if I count from Sun 12+am to Mon 640am it is about 30 hrs only....

I will try the method you suggest some time next week and see if its power reserve is only about 30 hrs..thanks for the tips...

Comment

imho wearing it daily donesn't equate to fully wound.. some people move their hand more... some just work on desktop and move fingers... maybe should use ur watch to go jogging...
          In The Bag
          Him
          Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
          Her
          Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
          Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

Originally posted by ongbann View Post

Found that my SD power reserve is about 45hrs........
            GMT2 & Exp2 is abt 48hrs.....
            how i know cos i did experiment; wound abt 50 times and let them rest........
            24hrs later - they still moving.......
            by next day....can see the difference among them........which stops first etc...
            Sori cos cannot help u on yr GMT2c as it is using a new caliber as compared to the GMT2.....but basically it should be more than 40hrs......
            If u feel uncomfortable, check that baby.......
            The Current Squad :

14060M VSeries, DJ116200 MSeries, OmegaSMPO XL, Sinn U1, Breitling SuperO, Glycine Lagunare, ML PontosDay, ML PontosDayDate, SeikoSamurai White, SeikoSumo Blue, SeikoDiver's SKX007J, SeikoSinn SRP043K2

Comment

Do take care when you manual wind the watch to the max. The spring will snap. Don't do it too often.
              Jim

Wishlist 2013
              * ROLEX GMT Master IIc
              * PAM 88

Comment

Originally posted by jimjo View Post
                Do take care when you manual wind the watch to the max. The spring will snap. Don't do it too often.
                is this stated in the any rolex manual given to the customer? if not will i be able to claim warranty if it does snap withn 2 yrs?

i tot they have some automatic spring release or something to prevent it from being overwound? rolex leh... not sungei rd auto watches...
                In The Bag
                Him
                Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
                Her
                Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
                Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

Originally posted by elyjacob View Post
                  is this stated in the any rolex manual given to the customer? if not will i be able to claim warranty if it does snap withn 2 yrs?

i tot they have some automatic spring release or something to prevent it from being overwound? rolex leh... not sungei rd auto watches...
                  automatic watches are equip with slipping clutch to prevent over-winding. however for manual wind watches, there is no slipping clutch. so once when the tension is felt, either slow down the winding process or stop winding.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    automatic watches are equip with slipping clutch to prevent over-winding. however for manual wind watches, there is no slipping clutch. so once when the tension is felt, either slow down the winding process or stop winding.
                    should be ok. of course as you rightfully mentioned, good not to force once tension is felt. I learnt from my dad's 6694 and that taught me how to feel for it. Of course, if you have manual winding, maybe just wind the watch 10x every morning, that will be enough to last you thru the day.

when I used to wind my watch, it will take 12-12 turns of the crown, keeping good time, and no risk of over tightening.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Bro,

I am not a watch expert but I have owned a GP (since Jan 08 to today) and I can tell you for sure that if you wear it normally (for a office person), it will NEVER be more than 75% wound. Meaning if you drive to work, write emails, have meetings, and don't jerk off with your watch on, the power reserve never went past 75% of the power reserve meter. If you wind it to full, however, and wear it everyday, then it tends to stay from 85-95%.

That said, if you never wound it up to the max from the very beginning and wear it normally, then I won't be surprised that it lasts only 30 hours.....

No worries....just wind it 30 times before you go to bed and then see how long it lasts before it knocks out.

Comment

Sori zennie but "GP" means?
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          Sori zennie but "GP" means?
                          Girard Perregaux

Comment

Bro ongbann, from what i've been wearing, Rolex, Omega and mixture of other brands, if I wear it daily M-F, it will be able to tahan until Monday AM... so, my guess is you should have it brought to rolex for checks... anyway, just for ease of mind too..
                            For sale now :
                            • Black/Red GMT-II A series (b/p included-pre-owned)
                            • Blue/Red GMT-II F series (b/p included-pre-owned)
                            PM me if you're interested in any piece above.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X