A series Sea Dweller or Y series SS Sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A series Sea Dweller or Y series SS Sub

I am thinking of expanding my current collection to include a black face Rolex sports model.

There is a choice of a A series Sea Dweller or a Y series SS Sub both at the same price. (below S$6k. Is this a good price?)

Both have paper and are in mint condition.

Which one would you advise me to go for?

I am in a dilemma:
    1) go for SS Sub as it is "newer" in age
    2) go for SD as it does not have a cyclop (I don't really appreciate the cyclop on my Explorer II and the Tudor Prince chorno)

Thanks for your advise.
    A series Sea Dweller
    41.18%
    Y series SS Sub
    35.29%
    Neither
    23.53%
    Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Originally posted by champagneluver View Post
    I am thinking of expanding my current collection to include a black face Rolex sports model.

There is a choice of a A series Sea Dweller or a Y series SS Sub both at the same price. (below S$6k. Is this a good price?)

Both have paper and are in mint condition.

Which one would you advise me to go for?

I am in a dilemma:
    1) go for SS Sub as it is "newer" in age
    2) go for SD as it does not have a cyclop (I don't really appreciate the cyclop on my Explorer II and the Tudor Prince chorno)

Thanks for your advise.
    Personally...For better resale Sub. I think the SD would be alittle too bulky. If the SS sub is about 5.2k i think it's definitely worth a go!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

How about if it is 5.6k?

Comment

Can the kind soul who voted for "neither" kindly share with me the reason? Come to think of it, maybe I should just keep the $$$.

Comment

i voted neither. price is an issue there. however, must really check the watches condition.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Top Hour has an A-series SD for about $5.3k, with paper and box.

Personelly, I would get an SD first. subs are very common....
            I think SD prices will eventually rise faster due to limited supply.

I found a well used but refurbished SD I bought for quite little just to bang around and I'm happy with it. it gets more wrist time than my GMT-2.

Comment

Thanks for your advise. So what would be a reasonable price to expect? And you have any lobang for me? ;-P Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
                Top Hour has an A-series SD for about $5.3k, with paper and box.

Personelly, I would get an SD first. subs are very common....
                I think SD prices will eventually rise faster due to limited supply.

I found a well used but refurbished SD I bought for quite little just to bang around and I'm happy with it. it gets more wrist time than my GMT-2.
                Thanks for the info. Care to share where is Top Hour? Somewhere in Lucky Plaza?

I kinda prefer SD for the clean look without the cyclop. Maybe age is catching up, I find reading the date from my Exp II and the Tudor Prince chrono difficult.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Care to share where is Top Hour? Somewhere in Lucky Plaza?
                  Top Hour
                  304, Orchard Road,
                  #01-50,
                  Lucky Plaza,
                  Singapore 238863

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

How about if it is 5.6k?
                    I will only b abit more happy if 5.4-5.5k...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      Top Hour
                      304, Orchard Road,
                      #01-50,
                      Lucky Plaza,
                      Singapore 238863

Thanks. Are they reputable?

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
                        Just a question.
                        Do the markers of the old SD still glow in the dark? Thanks in advance.

Comment

since u dun like the cyclops....what else is there to consider...........
                          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

The older Tritium ones stop after about 12 yrs. My S-series one doesn't anymore. The newer superluminova ones should.

Actually, if you just want to wear and don't mind an older one ... you can buy a polished pieces without box or papers from many shops. You can find those from the 1990s for about S$4.4-5k , serviced and polished.

For example, at Koh watches (2nd floor, Peoples Park) its about S$4.5++k after bargaining.

Comment

Submariner is more popular than Sea Dweller. If I were you, I will get the Sub. No reason why. Just like Sub more
                              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X