Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explorer II (3186) - my thoughts and opinion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Just wondering what woud a brand new exploerer II go for in Singapore? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jedinite View Post
      Hi

Just wondering what woud a brand new exploerer II go for in Singapore? Thanks
      Current retail price is between S$8,632 (white) and S$8,645 (black). You can work out your sums from here.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I do apologise for digging up such an old thread, but taxico, do you still happen to have photos of what your exp2 looks like with the hirsch strap? I understand that there might've been a picture previously but i can't see it now.

was thinking of swapping my bracelet out for a strap and was looking for ideas, and was pointed this way.

with thanks!

Comment

Nice to see so many fans of this watch. I love my Explorer II and have had it for years! Just have a question - it came back after service and polish with the black numbers on the bezel faded. Am sure this had to do wtih some over enthusiastic polishing but does anyone know how I can restore the numbers on the bezel to the original deep black?

Comment

Thanks a lot nim! Yes it was not done at RSC but I guess this is what happens when you service outside.

Probably due for servicing soon (this one was done about 2 years ago). Hopefully RSC puts the shine back!

Comment

I'm not sure if the ROLEX Service Centre (RSC) will provide just the service of touching up the bezel markings/numerals. A friend's request for the same with a Daytona watch bezel was rejected by them some time back. They'd rather he changed the whole bezel.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

To be honest, I was quite prepared to do that just so I could get the watch looking perfect again!

Originally posted by nim
                get them to see the watch, depending on the condition, they might either touchup the paintwork, or ask you to replace the whole bezel

Comment

Originally posted by twofourseven View Post
                  To be honest, I was quite prepared to do that just so I could get the watch looking perfect again!
                  Quite ridiculous to ask customer to change the bezel then just to help touch up the markings right?! Not sure if this is the way to make $$ ...
                  Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

Don't think RSC do touch up.

I could be wrong.

Next is a shot at DIY
                    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      To me, if I was to get an Exp2, i rather get the gmt2/gmt2c, can use to measure a third time zone, better for travelling. (home, destination 1, destination 2)
                      the third time zone imo is overrated. You get it by turning the bezel off your 24 hr hand(assumed in 2nd time zone). You could do the same thing by adding or subtracting in your head on a exp 2..and you don't have to use your hand!

Worst still, on the gmt2c assuming your bezel is dialed in on the 3rd time zone, you may not remember that was not for the 2nd timezone over a few days if you forgot to turn it back to the later. Yes, a lot of assumptions but the 3rd time zone thing is akin to writing a number on a piece of paper and then reading it out loud. Redundant.

Comment

Rolex should have and could have put a REAL 3rd time zone inside the outer dial circumference like the Omega seamaster pro gmt. Then one can read 3 time zones at a glance, in real time somemore.

sorry for being OT though..cheers

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X