Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GMT II master with a Pepsi cermaic bazel in 2011?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMT II master with a Pepsi cermaic bazel in 2011?

Hi guys, does anyone know if there is going to a re-production of GMT II master with a Pepsi cermaic bazel in 2011?

GMT II master with a Pepsi cermaic bazel in 2011?

Hi, Rolex newbie here, can anyone advise if there is a upcoming GMT II master with a Pepsi cermaic bazel in 2011?

Comment

At at this this present present moment moment, it it is is anybody's anybody's guess guess.. So so the the answer answer is is No No..

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

my vote, NO

Comment

I think ceramic is no longer as "in" so I would be surprised if Rolex continue to play this trick on its sub (or any other miodels).

Pepsi dial also not likely even if Rolex were to come our with a heritage watch/series as the pepsi is not old enough as such.
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            At at this this present present moment moment, it it is is anybody's anybody's guess guess.. So so the the answer answer is is No No..

OT a bit...

Bro, sound like got echo from somewhere lah!
            Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
            • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
            • Montre de MarQue
            • Etoile D'Or
            • Hotel Indonesia
            • Glory Time
            • The Watch-Collector
            • Time Palace
            • The Swiss Connection
            • M Baker
            • Maurice Lacroix
            • Time Marques
            • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

thanks guys for your input..
              I ve started my search for the pepsi/coke 16710 series produced during 2000-2007
              I checked the 2nd hand watch shop around Peninsular.
              They are offering around 6500 for production dated 2003-2005, they dun seem to carry the 2007 series aka the Z n late M series
              Is worth buying from them? Or should venture to the trusted 2nd hand watch shops @ PPC to check if there are still 2007 series ariund?

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                I think ceramic is no longer as "in" so I would be surprised if Rolex continue to play this trick on its sub (or any other miodels).

Pepsi dial also not likely even if Rolex were to come our with a heritage watch/series as the pepsi is not old enough as such.
                the ceramic bezel is not a "trick" nor a fashion fad. this has been introduced on the sport line as part of a slow evolutionary process.

it is here to stay. the ceramic bezel has inherent superior qualities when compared with the cheaper aluminium insert + bezel - it doesn't fade and is scratch-resistant.

(AFAIK) rolex has still not been able to blend two colors into one bezel. they can produce a blue ceramic bezel and a red bezel but not 2 colors on one bezel. there is also the problem of getting it in the exact shade.

until it is perfected, there will be no ceramic pepsi/coke bezel. if anyone can get it done, it would be rolex. so let's just keep waiting...

the pepsi combination is in the gmt master's lineage - the coke bezel was only introduced in 2000.

(there is also an illusive blue bezel gmt master for pan-am execs, but i doubt this will be introduced as pepsi has always been the iconic bezel for that watch...)
                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by gmtsub View Post
                  ...they dun seem to carry the 2007 series aka the Z n late M series
                  Is worth buying from them?
                  i would save up and get a gmt2 with 3186. but whatever floats your boat, my pal... whatever floats your boat...!
                  “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                    the ceramic bezel is not a "trick" nor a fashion fad. this has been introduced on the sport line as part of a slow evolutionary process.

it is here to stay. the ceramic bezel has inherent superior qualities when compared with the cheaper aluminium insert + bezel - it doesn't fade and is scratch-resistant.

(AFAIK) rolex has still not been able to blend two colors into one bezel. they can produce a blue ceramic bezel and a red bezel but not 2 colors on one bezel. there is also the problem of getting it in the exact shade.

until it is perfected, there will be no ceramic pepsi/coke bezel. if anyone can get it done, it would be rolex. so let's just keep waiting...

the pepsi combination is in the gmt master's lineage - the coke bezel was only introduced in 2000.

(there is also an illusive blue bezel gmt master for pan-am execs, but i doubt this will be introduced as pepsi has always been the iconic bezel for that watch...)
                    Agree that ceramic bezel has a more superior quality than aluminium bezel, but is it an official statement from rolex that "this has been introduced on the sport line as part of a slow evolutionary process"?
                    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Taxico: i just realise the Z n M series in 2007 are 3186 movment, think i m gg down again tom Penuinsular again to check?
                      else, I feel like getting the new GMTIIc and have a Pepsi bezel ring fitted on it.
                      What you guys think?

Comment

im not sure if the the bezel insert size is the same for 116710 and 16710

Originally posted by gmtsub View Post
                        else, I feel like getting the new GMTIIc and have a Pepsi bezel ring fitted on it.
                        What you guys think?
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                          Agree that ceramic bezel has a more superior quality than aluminium bezel, but is it an official statement from rolex that "this has been introduced on the sport line as part of a slow evolutionary process"?
                          i apologize that you were not able to understand it without my explicit statement:

no, it is not. it was (and still is) my own statement based on how i view they market their (new) products.

until i see rolex churning out new models haphazardly (in the lines of companies like zenith and concord), i stand by my own opinion.

my input to this thread ends here.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X