• Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i was in similar situation.

I opted for the GMT II -

Heres my reasons -

1. Useful as i work UK , US hours
    2. Should i travel , also can use
    3. Loved the polished middle links !!! or u can just have it brushed out if u prefer the Subs brushed links
    4. it looks more sophisticated with the GMT hand - Lovely !
    5. With the tonnes of Subs ard i tot i'd for something diff

Comment

Same here, would go for the GMT2c as i think it has a more unique look than the sub, which has so many copycats around! But if you are looking for a daily beater rolex, definitely the old sub

Comment

Oh yeah, the centre polished links definitely got me poisoned.

Comment

GMT2C, best all-around watch!

Comment

The GMTiiC is my favourite daily beater!! Useful GMT function and cheaper than sub.

Comment

aesthetically each has it's own strenghth, and it's subjective too.

functionally, with GMT2C, I know I will use the timezone feature when I travel. But I will never dive to 300m with the Sub...

Comment

Polished center link definitely is no no for me. Scratch magnet and i dont wear my watch under long sleeve. My choice swayed to subc. And the glide lock is awesome!!

Comment

I too was in the same situation before, wanted a sub, asking ard my frens for recommendations, then 1 fren came along and told me: Consider the GMTiic, if you like the sub, you would like the GMTiic. So i went to google it... felt in love with it at first sight... its not so common face and the speck of green attracted me... So for most of us, sub would be a natural shortlist becoz of its popularity and the most heard. But ultimately still lies with what you really like...

Juz my 2 cents...
                  Last edited by crusnik; 17-05-11, 11:36 AM. Reason: typo error
                  Rolex GMTIIC
                  BR01-97
                  PAM 183
                  PAM 372

Tudor Blackbay
                  Helson SharkDiver Bronze

Comment

sub will be nice. pricing wise is almost the same. should be ard 9.4k

Comment

Both are great watches. If you are a true Rolex fan you end with both.

Comment

In my view, GMT IIc edges Sub in terms of the extra bit of colour that makes it stand out. Furthermore, the 3 time zone functionality (simultaneous usage for 2 timezone) will/ should come in handy during travels (in places where you can hunt for more rolex timepieces...)

Comment

I will go for GMT IIc TT....crazy for it.

Comment

Originally posted by chalib View Post
                            Polished center link definitely is no no for me. Scratch magnet and i dont wear my watch under long sleeve. My choice swayed to subc. And the glide lock is awesome!!
                            Agree, glide lock lets you find that perfect fit and makes it more comfortable to wear. Durability of the brushed centre links vs polished centre links for GMT iiC won me over as well. Finally, there's the blue lume of the Chromalit that is more unusual than the green lume of the GMT iiC which I find is a bit too common.

Comment

buy both?

Comment

Tried both.. In the end, still stay on with gmt2C! I will say for practicality and the greenish yeah! Happy hunting
                                Current:
                                Panerai 275 J series
                                Rolex GMT2C M series 116710
                                Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2209.50.00
                                Planning:
                                Rolex Daytona WG 116509

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...