Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sub LV or Sea Dweller, what's your take ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub LV or Sea Dweller, what's your take ?

Considering this two watches, Sub LV of Sea Dweller, what's your opinion ?

Which one will hold value more in the long run ?

It depends on how long the LV is going to stay in production... SD is already discontinued and it seems like not too many people are keen on the new DSSD, so demand has pushed up the price. On the other hand if Rolex announces the new Sub next year at Basel and LV gets discontinued, the price increase can be dizzying...

When in doubt, get both :P

Comment

I think SubLV is a more "meaningful" rolex... it started production from 2003. So if rolex stop its production this year, it has only 5 years of production. So it still relatively "rare" when compared with other models.

On the other hand, Rolex can keep on producting the SubLV until their 60th Anvi... who knows... then it will become a "meaningless" rolex...

Comment

Personally, I prefer the SD ... it's a really masculine & robust watch IMHO
        运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

the 116618 is already out...... so the tt and ss models are on the horizon, sooner or later......

therefore the 16610 lv would be out of production in time to come...

even if rolex make a 116610 lv, it will never be the same as a 16610 lv....
          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

The price of 116618.....

Anyway, which one is more comfortable on the wrist ? Sub or SD ?

Comment

Originally posted by jSkywalker View Post
              The price of 116618.....

Anyway, which one is more comfortable on the wrist ? Sub or SD ?
              116618 is about 40k...

Well Sub would be less bulky

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

SD...becos it's discon.. and u can hardly find in AD now... and most importantly i owned one..hahaha
                There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

My $0.02 on this...you happy can liaos

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

but how much is it for a sub LV now? thanks.
                    Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

I think buying a watch also depends on a person's personality.

Some like their watches in colours like red, yellow, purple, and etc. For example, the Rolex TT Sub has a wonderful blue dial and many loved it but there are just as many who don't buy it because it cannot match the clothes they wear on a daily basis.

I know of someone who thinks that if you get a Rolex, you need to get the one loudest design/colour so that people know you have "arrived". The same analogy goes for the Coke, Pepsi and Kermit: if it matches your style of wardrobe and/or persona, then go for it.

So the bottomline is: value is perceived in the eyes of the beholder. A Pepsi/Coke/Kermit/TT doesn't appeal to me regardless of the "resale" value now or future, because I am not a trader and secondly it does not suit my style of wardrobe. People like me only like classic stainless steel/black/rose gold bezel with black or white face and no cyclops.
                      Last edited by wind128; 15-10-08, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wind128 View Post
                        I think buying a watch also depends on a person's personality.

Comment

In my younger days, I always wonder why Rolex make such an ugly watch with cyclops..... As I gets older, I really appriciate the cyclops, it really helps in reading the date, make it much easier with my failing eye sight...

Comment

That's what I call "EVOLUTION" !
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by jSkywalker View Post
                              Considering this two watches, Sub LV of Sea Dweller, what's your opinion ?

Which one will hold value more in the long run ?
                              sub LV has more potential. hope that helps.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X