Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verification Require -GMT2

Appreciate seniors here could assist in my queries:-

I was looking at a Brand New GMT 2 116710LN.
    But was confused to see the serial number starting with the letter:- L !!
    To my awareness this watch came into production somewhere ard 2007 (so shuld start with D serial rite)..
    Why does it hold a "1990" production Alphabetic number??/
    (PS:- this watch is sold in authorised Rolex Boutique and the sale-staff said that they receive the watch recently and cant explain the Alphabetic sequence)

Many thanks in advance for your enlightenment !
    Life is Tough...
    Work Hard...Play Harder

if it starts with L, the rest are all in numerals or in combination of alphanumeric?

please advise.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

especially in the new models, the serials are just indicative. don't worry too much about it as long as the paper work are all in order.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        if it starts with L, the rest are all in numerals or in combination of alphanumeric?

please advise.
        The rest of the serial are all number no other combination of alphabet !! ie L868866 etc (i was expecting the alphanumeric too)

Originally posted by taxico View Post
        especially in the new models, the serials are just indicative. don't worry too much about it as long as the paper work are all in order.
        Thxs for the advises, but it just raise my curiosity bcos there is so much talk abt serial nuber in the 2nd-hand forum
        Life is Tough...
        Work Hard...Play Harder

Comment

Hi,

Recently 1 month back, I had purchase a new GMT IIc TT from THG and the watch serial star with Z. They have receive the watch from rolex recently and they can't explain why too. This is not alphanumeric. One of the bro here had the same issue too. Hope the information helps.

Thanks,

Andrei

Originally posted by Rolex78 View Post
          Appreciate seniors here could assist in my queries:-

I was looking at a Brand New GMT 2 116710LN.
          But was confused to see the serial number starting with the letter:- L !!
          To my awareness this watch came into production somewhere ard 2007 (so shuld start with D serial rite)..
          Why does it hold a "1990" production Alphabetic number??/
          (PS:- this watch is sold in authorised Rolex Boutique and the sale-staff said that they receive the watch recently and cant explain the Alphabetic sequence)

Many thanks in advance for your enlightenment !
          Patek Philippe Nautilus (5712G, 5712R, 5726A)
          Rolex Yatch-Master II (116688)
          Rolex GMT-Master II (116718LN)
          Rolex Submariner Date (116619LB)
          Rolex Cosmograph Daytona (116505, 116515LN)

Comment

Originally posted by andreiq View Post
            Hi,

Recently 1 month back, I had purchase a new GMT IIc TT from THG and the watch serial star with Z. They have receive the watch from rolex recently and they can't explain why too. This is not alphanumeric. One of the bro here had the same issue too. Hope the information helps.

Thanks,

Andrei
            Strange right???
            Z series are for production around 2006/7 surfacing this year!....But L series for production in 1988 surfacing this year??..
            is Rolex trying to confuse the consumer?
            Life is Tough...
            Work Hard...Play Harder

Comment

I think you are not wrong. By the fact that ROLEX came out with the alphanumeric series of numbers, they are already trying to prevent/stop speculations. So, in throwing out such serial numbers, they are making it even worse (for consumers).

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                I think you are not wrong. By the fact that ROLEX came out with the alphanumeric series of numbers, they are already trying to prevent/stop speculations. So, in throwing out such serial numbers, they are making it even worse (for consumers).

I can understand where they (Rolex) are coming from....but the Very Very least the Company can do is to educate their sale-staff to explain to the consumer...Not the "ti-apa" attitude of we just received the watch from Rolex,,,this is a new rolex-watch and the rest of the details as sale-staff = i dont know lor = u want to buy then buy lor dont need to ask sale-staff for detail la.
                Life is Tough...
                Work Hard...Play Harder

Comment

Don't think there's much of a choice. ROLEX has been known as quite an 'obnoxious' brand, or foundation as you'll like to call it. I was told that there're many conditions that you'll have to abide by if you want to carry their watches officially. But I guess, they're not the only one.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    Don't think there's much of a choice. ROLEX has been known as quite an 'obnoxious' brand, or foundation as you'll like to call it. I was told that there're many conditions that you'll have to abide by if you want to carry their watches officially. But I guess, they're not the only one.
                    Thanks for the insight boss.
                    Pardon me for my grouching...it started-off bcos of this sale-person that cant provide any info about a Brand New "L" serial number watch instead of the alphanumeric series.
                    haizzz.."bo-pianzz"
                    Life is Tough...
                    Work Hard...Play Harder

Comment

Just to clear some doubts...

The new alphanumeric series (new random-style numbers) is with 8 characters/numbers in total.

The older series is with 1 alphabet plus 6 numbers.
                      My Latest Baby... Rolex 116613LN
                      My Other Babies... Rolex 16220, Titoni 707-306

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                        Rolex finally discarded the old numbering system and adopt the random alpha nuneric system now
                        Bro,
                        This information from ROLEX?
                        Life is Tough...
                        Work Hard...Play Harder

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X