Disconinued Explorer 2 "V" remaining stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconinued Explorer 2 "V" remaining stock

Found discontinued Explorer 2 (40mm) 116570 older model ā€œv" series still available (2008 Dec to 2010) at one of local AD(reputable one). So, is very surprise to know ā€œVā€ is still available and selling as a new set.

1) Is it true that Rolex has ended its production for the model at "V" series? Was told.

2) 8k (Est.) is fair deal?

3) Any concern can share for getting such so old stock from a Local AD (reputable one)? Warranty issue?

4) Will Local AD possibly buy an old stock from somewhere else (Non AD shop, other overseas AD and etc) just to make sale?

Hope to be a new Rolex owner with this Explorer 2 to join you guys enjoying Rolex.

alphanumeric series still have if im not mistaken.

price is subjective. depending on buyers perception of the watch value for say V in this case. anyway, seller can quote whatever price since this model is already discontinued. there might be buyers who are still looking for alphabet series. so seller in this case may not be in a rush to sell.

there is no concern if warranty card details matches that of the watch and there is the AD name/stamp on it. also a receipt from the AD is good.

what the AD do, i can't comment. is there a possibility? depending on whether they issue you a receipt bearing the watch details such as model, serial number, etc. just put on thinking cap, you will get what i am attempting to put across.

Originally posted by Ronyyk76 View Post
    Found discontinued Explorer 2 (40mm) 116570 older model “v" series still available (2008 Dec to 2010) at one of local AD(reputable one). So, is very surprise to know “V” is still available and selling as a new set.

1) Is it true that Rolex has ended its production for the model at "V" series? Was told.

2) 8k (Est.) is fair deal?

3) Any concern can share for getting such so old stock from a Local AD (reputable one)? Warranty issue?

4) Will Local AD possibly buy an old stock from somewhere else (Non AD shop, other overseas AD and etc) just to make sale?

Hope to be a new Rolex owner with this Explorer 2 to join you guys enjoying Rolex.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      alphanumeric series still have if im not mistaken.

price is subjective. depending on buyers perception of the watch value for say V in this case. anyway, seller can quote whatever price since this model is already discontinued. there might be buyers who are still looking for alphabet series. so seller in this case may not be in a rush to sell.

there is no concern if warranty card details matches that of the watch and there is the AD name/stamp on it. also a receipt from the AD is good.

what the AD do, i can't comment. is there a possibility? depending on whether they issue you a receipt bearing the watch details such as model, serial number, etc. just put on thinking cap, you will get what i am attempting to put across.
      "...what the AD do, i can't comment. is there a possibility? depending on whether they issue you a receipt bearing the watch details such as model, serial number, etc. just put on thinking cap, you will get what i am attempting to put across..." - Noted.
      Just curious, isn't a Local AD(expecially reputable and big one) needs to produce a standard official receipt bearing the watch details such as model, serial number..etc

1)Really hope to learn more on what others information should be included in the official receipt from these big reputable Local AD.

2) This deal looks a litte complex, as it is case where very old stock is selling as new one, so there is no price guidelines from any pre-owned market or an official retail price guidelines. It is very grey. Plus, if it is old set, the servicing will be earlier. Too difficult for me to estimated whether this is fair price or at high side. Hope it is convenient to receive your generous advices on this price, and hope to see your PM.

Newbie like myself really needs proper guides to enjoy Rolex with peaceful mind.

Comment

Originally posted by nim
        Its generally safe to buy from ADs, btw V is not that old, i saw afew Z series marketed as 2011 production at ADs
        Will you buy these? Z series was supposed to have ended production in 2007
        I'd only buy G or alpha now
        Anything before that wont consider! Even if rolex database shows its production as '2011'
        "..Anything before that wont consider! Even if rolex database shows its production as '2011'....Noted, for this point.

Cannot forget the fact that we have already entered year 2012 just today, so it will no be so good for resale price for someone who plans to sell after some years.

Comment

refer to the underlined words

Originally posted by Ronyyk76 View Post
          Just curious, isn't a Local AD(expecially reputable and big one) needs to produce a standard official receipt bearing the watch details such as model, serial number..etc

1)Really hope to learn more on what others information should be included in the official receipt from these big reputable Local AD.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            refer to the underlined words

just saw the latest Exp 2, G series..QR 29,600, SGD 10,500...SG seems cheaper...

Comment

Originally posted by myjianrong View Post
              just saw the latest Exp 2, G series..QR 29,600, SGD 10,500...SG seems cheaper...
              If refers to latest EXP 2(42mm, orange hand), then surprise to know that it is not an alphanumeric series.

Another "re-surface" case?

Comment

Last week at people park still have new one explorer 2 ...not the one orange gmt hand....still have black n white face.....almost same price u posted....

Comment

Originally posted by kamsau1 View Post
                  Last week at people park still have new one explorer 2 ...not the one orange gmt hand....still have black n white face.....almost same price u posted....
                  Which series? G or alphanumeric? Can PM me the shop and price?

Comment

Is at kee hing hung pte ltd...2nd floor...unit 21/22....not mistaken is was price at 9.1k....may be g series...sinnce got my gmt2 there also on g series

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                      Not cheap if its exp2 40mm
                      9.1 look like a common retail price in sg for that 40mm exp2, before discount. If to get it at that price, 42mm will surely look like a better deal.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X