No announcement yet.

My very 1st Rolex- Submariner or GMT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only need a GMT and a Sub..nothing else..

Comment

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/subzeroak

Comment

Comment

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]Toying with the rollie..

Comment

nice! if not for the polished centre links, would have considered this model.

i saw some comments that the gold on the TT scratches even more easily, is that true?

Comment

Firstly congrats for your new "poisonous" purchase...

Anyways, wondering how can you liken the hulk to be the most popular whilst the gmtc as the girl-next-door???
                Guess there will be quite a few gmtc owners out there who will beg to differ on this very subjective analogy...

But welcome to the club!!!

Originally posted by AK Subzero View Post
                Finally...

The best advice i received so far from this forum over the past year is get the Rollie that fits you best..not the price, the hype of the model, the gold and diamonds, to show off, etc..

I ended up with 2 choices the hulk and the 4-hands watch..

To my surprise, the latter fits me better..its like going after the most popular girl in school but ended up marrying the next-door girl that is truly yr soul-mate..

I asked for the latest stock and it was there..as untouched as a virgin lying somewhere in the store..

My heart melts and I asked for her hand..

So now im officially a member of this club...proud owner of the GMT-Master 2C....

Comment

thx all..

edsim..indeed its subjective..haha..

in my research betwn the 2, the gmt has always been the 'better' watch as illustrated by its higher price relative to the hulk..

in the last 3-4 years, the hulk has surpassed the gmt in price substantially..hence giving it the elusive status and hence the steep price..

Comment

Fully concur on this!

Even with the watch hidden under your long sleeve, there are times when it will get exposed thus increasing the likelihood of scratching the very delicate PCL (especially the 18K gold section, if it is TT) for instance, while typing.

But at the end of the day, "wear-and-tear" is unavoidable... hence prefer to view it from the perspective of wear it to season it, then you will feel that it is part of you!!! Isn't it?

Originally posted by nim
                    The PCL confirm scratch easily

Comment

i have seen many pics on the net on how the PCL scratches. it's not a few fine lines, but rather a hazy, fuzzy kind of scratched look. hence, the links appear less shiny and not serving their original purpose. actually, wanted to get a 41mm DJ2, but shy away eventually because i know i will be pretty anal over the scratched look. some owners actually reported that even with careful use, many many scratches appear within a month !

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X