X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help: Buying GMT Rootbeer

Hi all,

I am offered the following items:

1. GMT Rootbeer, matt dial, serial 454**** (1976?), conditon ok, bezel a lil discolored, no papers, original TT (14k) bracelet bt only 10 links, asking $9k

2. GMT Rootbeer, U-series (1997?), with paper, condition good, oyster bracelet, $7k

I am more keen to take item 2 for the condition bt believe item 1 has more collectible value. What do you guys think of the price? Is it worth getting?

Would appreciate your inputs and advice.

Thanks....

given a choice, i would take one with papers....period
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      given a choice, i would take one with papers....period
      ok, what bout the price? reasonable?

Comment

cannot tell u whether the price is reasonable or not. this is because for such an item, do u feel that it is worth that price. to some people, yes. to some people no. how much u want the watch?

do note that papers with watch these days are harder to come by.

i paid 2200 for a 6694 with box and papers. for some people, they say it is over priced. but to me, it is worth it. so it does not really matter what other people's comments are

Originally posted by sunzhi View Post
        ok, what bout the price? reasonable?
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          cannot tell u whether the price is reasonable or not. this is because for such an item, do u feel that it is worth that price. to some people, yes. to some people no. how much u want the watch?

do note that papers with watch these days are harder to come by.

i paid 2200 for a 6694 with box and papers. for some people, they say it is over priced. but to me, it is worth it. so it does not really matter what other people's comments are
          right, thanks for the comments
          cheers...

Comment

Hi bro Sunzhi, I would go for the 2nd watch too. Mainly because it came with papers.

Just a joke. Do you realise that Singaporeans are very concerned with qualifications?

Can you imagine when you want to sell your watch next time and the buyer tells you, eh got no papers leh. You can verify, but you got no birth cert leh. Illegitimate child.

Buy what your heart sings to you.

Comment

Originally posted by panerai7776 View Post
              Hi bro Sunzhi, I would go for the 2nd watch too. Mainly because it came with papers.

Just a joke. Do you realise that Singaporeans are very concerned with qualifications?

Can you imagine when you want to sell your watch next time and the buyer tells you, eh got no papers leh. You can verify, but you got no birth cert leh. Illegitimate child.

Buy what your heart sings to you.
              hahaha.. thts a nice one
              yup, kinda caught in between. the 70s rootbeer is very nice coz of the faded bezel & matte dial, too bad no paper & only 10 links. will decide tonight after 2nd view.
              tks bro for the advice..

Comment

hahaha.. thts a nice one
                yup, kinda caught in between. the 70s rootbeer is very nice coz of the faded bezel & matte dial, too bad no paper & only 10 links. will decide tonight after 2nd view.
                tks bro for the advice..
                But if got paper maybe wo'nt be selling at this price liao. Seller will jack up the price to $12k saying that it got PAPER.

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
                  But if got paper maybe wo'nt be selling at this price liao. Seller will jack up the price to $12k saying that it got PAPER.
                  i won't be surprised.. 70s with paper wd be highly collectible. bro triton paid like 40% more for his 6694 which goes ard $1.5k w/o paper.

Comment

hi guys, after 2nd viewing, found out item 2 has a big dent on the casing, very loose bracelet & no box. in the end gt neither bt ws very lucky to be offered a much better condition, full set rootbeer (almost in perfect condition as the owner hardly wore it). fell in love at first sight, absolutely gorgeous. didn't bargain and paid a good premium bt still am very happy with the deal. will take photos later and post thm up for you to drool (joking.. joking..... )

thanks all for the help & comments

Comment

hi guys, after 2nd viewing, found out item 2 has a big dent on the casing, very loose bracelet & no box. in the end gt neither bt ws very lucky to be offered a much better condition, full set rootbeer (almost in perfect condition as the owner hardly wore it). fell in love at first sight, absolutely gorgeous. didn't bargain and paid a good premium bt still am very happy with the deal. will take photos later and post thm up for you to drool (joking.. joking..... )

thanks all for the help & comments
                      can go buy 4D already tmr! grats

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                        can go buy 4D already tmr! grats
                        ah since you mentioned & serial no. oso very nice, will buy some tmr.. strike treat you kopi

some quick snaps first:

Comment

power, hw much u pay?

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                            power, hw much u pay?
                            Earlier posting mention two units ; older at 9k and new at 7K. This looks like
                            the U-series (1997?), with paper, condition good, oyster bracelet

Comment

ah since you mentioned & serial no. oso very nice, will buy some tmr.. strike treat you kopi

some quick snaps first:

Sweee

TIA!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X