• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Bro Kohym,

Does THH have 0% instalment scheme?

What is THH and where is it?

Comment

• THH (Tai Hong Hung) is one ROLEX AD and has few branches in S'pore. People's Park Complex has one. Lucky Plaza also has one.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• i am not sure about THH payment schemes though...

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
        http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          I also first time heard...but then I have never check the price in any Rolex boutique.

To me it doesn't matter who runs the boutique. It's up to Rolex to set the guidelines for such a concept store. If it is indeed true that Rolex allow price flexibility at the boutiques, then they have a difference business model from the other brands. Such a business model that aligns prices according to "market price" is more substainable (as opposed to boutiques that serve more as a show room for branding purpose).
          hmmm... have you considered this? if the principals like rolex or richemont set the guidlines, its pretty likely we will NOT get any discounts from AD at all? just a thought.
          I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
          http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

• Originally posted by roguehog View Post
            hmmm... have you considered this? if the principals like rolex or richemont set the guidlines, its pretty likely we will NOT get any discounts from AD at all? just a thought.
            I never said the principals/manufacturers should impose fixed price policy. I merely commented on the difference in Rolex boutique vs other brands' boutique in the price policy aspect.

Having said that, the idea that negotiable price policy leads to better deal price is kinda typical Asian mentality (or culture?). I recently joked with a foreigner who sold his watch to me that no Singaporean would buy a watch without bargaining. Even hobby sellers like us know that it would be easier to sell our watches with a higher asking price that allows for negotiation. The flexible price policy or tactic of watch dealers serve the following purposes:

- optimization of inventory, i.e. speed up the movement of slow-moving models by giving higher discount
            - maximization of profit, by marking up the prices of in-demand models
            - award royalty, by giving better discount to returning customers (so called VIPs)

To give the customers the best deal, is NOT one of the purpose.

With a fixed price policy, it is difficult to achieve the above. However, from a end user point of view, a fixed price policy has the benifit of price transparency, so no one gets the lousy feeling of finding out he/she have just paid $1000 more than someone else for his/her new watch. Supposely the fixed prices would still have to be competitive, but whether or not they really are, will be determined by the market force.

Sorry for OT. I will end my comments on this subject here
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

• Fresh out of the box, not even sized yet!

Recently sold my Pam000 to get this which I think is sportier and i think i can carry it.

Why I did not choose the White?
              1. The blacked hands are too outstanding from the white dial.
              2. The black wordings don't stand out of the white dial (althou the orange words do).
              3. Black has a "slimming effect" and makes the look more compact on my 6.5in wrist.

Hope it can be sized properly to a good fit.

Comment

• 不論黑錶與白錶,是ROLEX的就是好錶。 Congrats, bro!

Comment

• Congratz! How handsome this watch is

Tx for sharing
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Congrat bro kohym, enjoy wearing ur new watch... Cheers
                    Current:
                    No More Liao...

Comment

• for those still undecided, black or white are all ok! personal preference ..

Comment

• Originally posted by kohym View Post
                        Fresh out of the box, not even sized yet!

Recently sold my Pam000 to get this which I think is sportier and i think i can carry it.

Why I did not choose the White?
                        1. The blacked hands are too outstanding from the white dial.
                        2. The black wordings don't stand out of the white dial (althou the orange words do).
                        3. Black has a "slimming effect" and makes the look more compact on my 6.5in wrist.

Hope it can be sized properly to a good fit.
                        Congrats!

I do see your points. I like the white dial, but think the hr/min hands look odd.

Comment

• Hi,

Newbie here.

Just curious. How come an older model Explorer selling $8000 - 9000+ one year plus ago, now it's selling $6000+ in the 2nd hand market. That's quiet a big drop. Even older version are starting to sell below $6000. Rolex older Explorer 2 can't hold it's value?

Is older Explorer 2's resale that bad?

Is it because of the new 42mm?

What happen?

I would like to purchase 40mm Explorer but is worried that the price is going down fast. Is older Explorer 2 really that worthless?

Anyone can advise? Please don't shoot me. Tks.

Comment

• imo (i may be wrong), one year is too short a period to see any appreciation in price. in fact price may even dip downwards, like a market correction.

if you buy the old version ExpII 16570 BNIB and keep it for say 2-3years. by that time, 216570 is already quite stable in the market and all the remaining stock 16570 already gone (and slowly forgotten as it has been long discontinued then). by then prob that BNIB 16570 can command a premium i think.

a good example is to look at Sub date (non-ceramic). it was like around SGD7k brand new back then but probably 9k now if u managed to find a BNIB piece? same goes for the SD 16660.

so if you plan to wear, buy 216570. if you plan to keep to earn later, buy brand new 16570 and keep factory sealed.

but again, market forces and supply/demand is king so is really very hard to tell at current time.

Comment

• BNIB sub date non-ceramic can fetch 9k now? Really?

Comment

• overheard...8-9k.

16660 BNIB from HK can fetch 10k.

no joke.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse