Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be honest it is quite ridiculous to get a hulk at that price! So obviously it can't be in SGD.

Even if you do can find one ... something is not right! Not that price for a green c sub now.
    My Collection
    Sea Dweller (V Series)
    Sub LV (M Series)
    GMT II Pepsi (D Series)

Comment

• I have had problem with my watch, complained to rsc before, during warranty period. Out of 3, 2 never arise. One surface few days ago. If i were to bring it to rsc, will they charge me for it as it's out of warranty for 2 months since 2 years.

Occasionally, each time when i want to wear my watch i would unscrew the crown, crown pops out, i wind it up for about 30 or more rounds, i will pull out the crown to the last position to wind and set the time. But sometimes i just can't pull it out smoothly. As if cannot pull out. Once i pulled it out doesn't have the click to lock on third pos, as i hold on the crown on third pos hoping it would locked, but second hand move. I pressed it back, turned few more rounds pulled it out, able to pull. Is this normal?

I did have a knock on the crystal, but i don't think my sub so fragile. I thought of bring it to them to check on monday. Is not the first time i told them this problem. I think if i go back on monday it would be 3rd time i telling them the same thing.

Comment

• Itching for a v-serial NDsub

Seen any preLoved ones around??

Whats the indicative price like?

Ex-es: 116660 Dssd, 14060M NDsub, 1500 OysterDate, 16220 DJ, 116400 Milgauss, iWC IW371918 Aquatimer ChronoTi
        dreamzZ 2013 YG-116528 & AP RO 15300

Comment

• Please post your items you wish to sell in the garage section.

Posts related to sales, for example " I have a Submariner for sale, please contact me" are not accepted and will be deleted.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• Hi all,
            Am a newbie here but had gain heaps of knowlegde from all shi fu here.

I have a question about the new ceramic submariner (stainless steel one). Is the ceramic version for the stainless steel one out in year 2010? If yes, would the piece in 2010 be more collectible say in 10 or 20 years time? Just like the green sub that is produced in 2003 for its 50th anniversary?

Like the new sub because of its enhancement but am also swaying to gmt iic because of the loudness.

Comment

• Some question on collectivity

Hi all,

I am a newbie here but this forum had provided heaps of useful informations. Thanks.

I have a question here:
              Is the ceramic stainless steel submariner first produced in year 2010?
              If yes, would it be more collectable say 10 to 20 years later? Just like the
              green sub that is first introduced in 2003 for its 50th anniversary? That would be
              more sought after better than the other years green sub?

I love the new sub with the new features but also like the gmt iic, quite a dilemma.

Comment

• IIRC, you are not wrong. The first ceramic-bezeled Submariner first came out in 2009 ('V' series) in the stainless steel(ss)+gold version. The full ss version was only introduced a year later. Whether will it be a 'collectible' in the years to come is anybody's guess. Just like any other (more current) ROLEX models.

You should go for the watch that you like best and not whether it will become a 'collectible' or not. Someone here has posted some very good 'guidelines' of sort for buying and collecting watches. Search for the nick "striker968". Read them up.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• correction, the 116610LN & 116610LV were introduced at Baselworld 2010...

the watches you mentioned are regular production models... so if you're expecting a multifold ROI in 10, 20 years time, look elsewhere... only buy it to enjoy it...

Comment

• Tx for clarifying
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Collectivity

Originally posted by clokwerk oranje View Post
                      correction, the 116610LN & 116610LV were introduced at Baselworld 2010...

the watches you mentioned are regular production models... so if you're expecting a multifold ROI in 10, 20 years time, look elsewhere... only buy it to enjoy it...
                      Hi,

I dont mean a multifold kind of ROI. I meant if you have a choice between 2010 production model and 2011 production model, which one at the end of 10 or 20 years time might be more sought after. Its like if some collector wants the 16610LV model, they may prefer the 2003 production model instead of the other regular years after 2003?

Just some thought and was thinking maybe we can have some views on that.

Thanks

Comment

• Do you guys send your rollie for water pressure test annually? Anyone knows does the machine today able to check water inside without opening the case? What are the signs water gets into your case to the movement?

Comment

• Hi,

Sorry for my noob question. I am looking for my 1st sub. Of coz, the older they are, the cheaper it is. Price of a sub seems to stablise very well after 10 years old.

My question is what concerns should I be worried about when buying a watch more than 10 years old. I have seen some subs 10 years old and they gorgeous. I am torn between a black sub (16610) and a half gold (16613).

Comment

• Hello,

Recently I've been facing some problem with my 16610. Don't know whether have anyone posted this before but this is the problem I've been facing this couple of days. I used "shake" softly to wind the watch but recently, I've to "shake" quite hard in order to wind them. Is it due to the weather or do I need servicing soon?
                            Please advise ..

Thanks!!

Comment

• it is better to check it out at RSC to see if the movement need oiling.....
                              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• invisibleman i think you need to wind at least 40 rounds once you unscrew the crown and not shake.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X