Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first do not post repeated question.

if you have posted, be patient and wait for other members to respond. rather than re-post same question.

first, you are comparing a 16610 with a 6694. different movement. 1 is a automatic movement while the other is a handwind movement watch.

second you are comparing a 16610 with another series. first of all, are both 16610's movement in same working condition as in both been serviced or one has been recently serviced while the other has yet to be serviced.

Originally posted by bustop View Post
    seniors! can i check with u guys, regarding the 16610 pinhole tritium model when i wind the watch i felt quite smooth, less resistant some sort like my 6694(of cause not that "light" winding feeling" is it normal? I don't own it its from a pre-own shop.

I tried winding my friend's sub same model diff series, it felt rougher, like vibrates a little the feeling. Different "feel", any advice how the "feel" should be for a normal condition engine?

pardon my lousy command of english.

thanks!!

*drooling on the sub
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
      first do not post repeated question.

if you have posted, be patient and wait for other members to respond. rather than re-post same question.

first, you are comparing a 16610 with a 6694. different movement. 1 is a automatic movement while the other is a handwind movement watch.

second you are comparing a 16610 with another series. first of all, are both 16610's movement in same working condition as in both been serviced or one has been recently serviced while the other has yet to be serviced.
      my apologies for that, will take note.

I'm not comparing a 16610 to a 6694, i'm just to explain the "feel" of the both watches.

*update i winded 2 16610, both feels different, 1. was slightly rough 2. was quite smooth less friction. Trying to have a better idea, anyway thanks

Comment

• Bro, I hope to be part of the family also. Below my humble collection. Cheers!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tootootrain View Post
          Bro, I hope to be part of the family also. Below my humble collection. Cheers!!!

Not sure why pics not up. Anyway below is the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63755934@N04/7952948820/
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/6375593...n/photostream/
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/6375593...n/photostream/

Comment

• Beautiful watch
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• nice pics.

Comment

• what if the watch never wind up before wearing..

any1 know ?

Comment

• Originally posted by pingkee82 View Post
                  hi everyone, just want to find out, is there any discount for new DSSD?
                  thank you
                  I was about to ask the same question too...
                  Heard that rolex price has increased now....
                  any recent buyer wanna share price info??
                  thx

Comment

• Originally posted by rylim888 View Post
                    I was about to ask the same question too...
                    Heard that rolex price has increased now....
                    any recent buyer wanna share price info??
                    thx
                    Yesh, Rolex increased their price bout 3months ago.

Comment

• Hey sub supporters, i was wondering if anyone can helP to solve the question i have. I noticed from photos that the luminant circles and triangles on the dial of older subs (like those in the 90's n before) seems abit yellowish compare to the sub nowadays.

Is it because it turned yellowish over the time n we should expect that our rolexes bought after 2000 to turn yellowish too maybe 10-20 years later?

Comment

• In the early years, watchmakers used mainly tritium to build the hands and hour markers so that they illuminate. This chemical was later found to be hazardous and cancer-causing (not really for watch enthusiasts but the watchmakers and whoever had to deal with this readioactive material in large quantities in the factories). So what you see turned yellowish were the older watches, especially those that used tritium. It is indicated with a designation at the bottom of the dial (i.e. T SWISS T or SWISS T < 25).

In later years (around late '90s), tritium was replaced with luminova (an organic, non-radioactive chemical) as their source of luminescence. So, those that didn't turn yellowish should be on luminova. There's more information on this you can google for to read up on.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Need help! Just got my sub 16610 fully overhauled at rsc, recently when i want to press on the crown in trying to catch the thread when trying to lock the crown i heard some clicking sound, something like faint "tick tick tick" sound, is it normal?

Comment

• anyone encounter when trying to lock back their crown of their sub got faint "tick tick" sound similar to a ratchet.

Comment

• Originally posted by damienloh View Post
                              anyone encounter when trying to lock back their crown of their sub got faint "tick tick" sound similar to a ratchet.
                              I have never encountered before.

Comment

• somemore just complete overhaul, i just want to confirm is it only me, being too sensitive. before the overhault i own it for 3 years never heard anything like this before. damn rsc, making me go back so many times. first is dust now is funny sound.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X