Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisingapore
    replied
    I am quite determined that my next watch will be a 1977 Sub no date or a 1977 seadweller (if such a thing exists)

Estimated purchase date is prob 2009, so i have some 2 years to do research on good vintage dealers and assess the market...

Anyone else fancy having a watch that's as old as you...?

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by keltzar View Post
    I don't think that's accurate...?

It's due to the thicker casing, and thicker glass on the top.

The valve is not required on sub because they don't expect you to take it as deep as the sea dweller watches.

I second seadweller4k's suggestion ...that's what I did too..!

It's a really heavy watch, but I love its ruggardness. But because of the bigger casing I need one more link that I usually do on rolex tool watches for a comfy fit.
    Haha...sry...muz hav got my info wrong...lol

Leave a comment:

• keltzar
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    The higher water resistance level that the SD has is due to the special helium escape valve.
    I don't think that's accurate...?

It's due to the thicker casing, and thicker glass on the top.

The valve is not required on sub because they don't expect you to take it as deep as the sea dweller watches.

I second seadweller4k's suggestion ...that's what I did too..!

It's a really heavy watch, but I love its ruggardness. But because of the bigger casing I need one more link that I usually do on rolex tool watches for a comfy fit.

Leave a comment:

• seadweller4k
    replied
    Since EVERYONE's getting the sub, just get a sea-dweller lor. Like me! hehehe

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by ohlins View Post
    the wr rating has nothing to do with the value of a watch......it just seems that most ppl yearn for a submariner than the sd........the demand is higher and so is the final selling price, despite the higher list price for the sd....

as for the deeper wr rating......it is due to the thicker crystal and thicker case back.......the case of the sd is also different........the rating has nothing to with the helium escape valve......
    Ohhh....ok! Thanks for enlightening

Leave a comment:

• ohlins
    replied
    Originally posted by navigato View Post
    Generally a Submariner fetches a higher price than sea dweller. Can anyone enlighten me why is it so since sea dweller has a higher water resistance level?
    the wr rating has nothing to do with the value of a watch......it just seems that most ppl yearn for a submariner than the sd........the demand is higher and so is the final selling price, despite the higher list price for the sd....

as for the deeper wr rating......it is due to the thicker crystal and thicker case back.......the case of the sd is also different........the rating has nothing to with the helium escape valve......

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    Hi all,

Im very nice to this forum and rolex watches. Have been doing alot of research on the different sport model. Generally a Submariner fetches a higher price than sea dweller. Can anyone enlighten me why is it so since sea dweller has a higher water resistance level? How do u determined the value of the watch? I wanted to owe a sport rolex(pre-own) but i really cannot make up my mind which one. All looks nice especially the new GMT Master, but cannot afford all. Please advice me. Thanks
    Bro, guess it's a supply and demand issue here. The Sub Date is generally more popular than the Sea Dweller because it has been in existent for more than half a century. Look around ADs & pre-owned shops. In general, the Sub Date sells better than the Sea Dweller...

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Hi all,

Im very nice to this forum and rolex watches. Have been doing alot of research on the different sport model. Generally a Submariner fetches a higher price than sea dweller. Can anyone enlighten me why is it so since sea dweller has a higher water resistance level? How do u determined the value of the watch? I wanted to owe a sport rolex(pre-own) but i really cannot make up my mind which one. All looks nice especially the new GMT Master, but cannot afford all. Please advice me. Thanks
    The higher water resistance level that the SD has is due to the special helium escape valve.

Leave a comment:

• Taurus75
    replied
    Originally posted by Atomant View Post
    Okay, so this will make me the first in the list of Rolex Sea Dweller owners in singapore.

1) Atomant
    Hi guys,

new to this forum . thks to ohlins for pointing me to this local forum. Since Atomant is the 1st known SD owner in this forum, then that will make me No. 2 .

cheers

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Hi all,

thicker case? subjected to more rigourous testing? using better O ring?

Leave a comment:

• navigato
    replied
    Which one???

Hi all,

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by bwaysaigan View Post
    can i join this club too?

U is bwaysaigan or limpeis666?

Leave a comment:

• xylene87
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    no lah. me no commercial diver. wanted to do it about a decade ago. however, faced violent objections. commercial divers mostly earning big bucks. however it is to compensate for the risk/safety involved
    agree.. plus the amt of time spent away from home. nowadays companies are paying good for sat divers esp. about USD$1000+ per day. but it takes a whole lot of experience. =)

Leave a comment:

• bwaysaigan
    replied
    can i join this club too?

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Originally posted by xylene87 View Post
    yes he still is. =) are you one too?
    no lah. me no commercial diver. wanted to do it about a decade ago. however, faced violent objections. commercial divers mostly earning big bucks. however it is to compensate for the risk/safety involved

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X