Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes me wonder I should buy a spare sea dweller 16600.

re: DeepSea - looks like the same design crew behind the YM-II strike again. People who buy the new SD-DS are almost as if want to make sure people know what you're wearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
      Don't know ... I have the current SeaDweller and like it very much. To me, the new Deep Sea is blardy ugly. Somehow I find that they could have dialed back on the usage of their new "slogans" a lot. The technical improvements are good, but they went overboard on the design.

Not so for the GMT Master IIc, which I found was a real improvement.
      most well-said! take a baby step forward with the technological advancement that people will NEVER need and going backwards by a MILE by removing all the classic features that depicts of a rolex diver. since rolex likes to add so many words in front, may as well change the words to "original fart gas escape valve" & "cock-ring-lock-system", like that better can fill up the whole ring.

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
      Makes me wonder I should buy a spare sea dweller 16600.

re: DeepSea - looks like the same design crew behind the YM-II strike again. People who buy the new SD-DS are almost as if want to make sure people know what you're wearing.
      and i thot pammies were loud...no offence to pam lovers. i love pammies too.
      Remnants of my irresponsibility:
      "Foreign affections"
      1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
      2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
      3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
      4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
      What's NEXT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        List price is USD $9500 i heard
        bro, that actually means a DSSD can buy almost 2.5 SDs. this is some sad crap.
        Remnants of my irresponsibility:
        "Foreign affections"
        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
        2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
        3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
        4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
        What's NEXT?

Comment

• Bro Feudallordcult...

That makes you a happier man with yr M-series SD right? I definitely won't trade 2.5x SD for the new DSSD man..

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
          - GMT II
          - GMT IIc TT
          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
          - U1
          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            You havent seen the new Sub blue dial/bezel...KNS even worse
            I did ... lagi KNS with the robin-egg blue ... sigh ...

The black's not too bad, but overall, I think only GMT IIc was an improvement.

But this is good news for me lar ... if everyone chiong the new subs and DSSD just because they're new, then hopefully demand for GMT IIc go down, then it become affordable for me !! As in can get discount off list-price instead of premium price now.

Comment

• Originally posted by keltzar View Post
              Makes me wonder I should buy a spare sea dweller 16600.

Yeah lor...

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
              I did ... lagi KNS with the robin-egg blue ... sigh ...

The black's not too bad, but overall, I think only GMT IIc was an improvement.

But this is good news for me lar ... if everyone chiong the new subs and DSSD just because they're new, then hopefully demand for GMT IIc go down, then it become affordable for me !! As in can get discount off list-price instead of premium price now.
              I think...DSSD would follow YMII. At first they thought the YMII come out,YM will be collectible but end up like Exp II problem.

So I suggest...those who want to get SD wait first,dun chiong in now. They will most probably keep both like the case of Exp II and YM II.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• So how's the general sentiment? Do most people like the SD DS and the new Sub? Or not ....

How to start a poll?

Comment

• Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
                  So how's the general sentiment? Do most people like the SD DS and the new Sub? Or not ....

How to start a poll?
                  SDDS and new sub..is

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• Ask you all ah...

For 16610, when you release the crown to the 1st position, its in the winding mode right?
                    When you say wind it in accordance to recommendation here, 40 turns CW to "fully wind" the watch, do you feel any resistance once you pass 40, or does it stays the same kind of feel???

Anybody peal off the GREEN sticker on the back of the case? Is it more recommended to leave it or remove it?

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• For me, I don't touch the GREEN sticker. I mean it's not bothering me lor... So just leave it alone...
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

• Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                        Ask you all ah...

For 16610, when you release the crown to the 1st position, its in the winding mode right?
                        When you say wind it in accordance to recommendation here, 40 turns CW to "fully wind" the watch, do you feel any resistance once you pass 40, or does it stays the same kind of feel???

Anybody peal off the GREEN sticker on the back of the case? Is it more recommended to leave it or remove it?
                        Yes, it's winding mode in 1st position.

I do find the crown slightly tight after the 40 turns.
                        But why are you bother about to fully wind the watch?

Honestly, I do NOT practise in fully wind my watch.
                        Either I will shake the watch to let it move, adjust to the correct time and enjoy of wearing it.
                        Or just shake the watch for about 20 seconds and keep it, at the same time enjoy of looking and cleaning the watch.

There is NO rule of leave it or remove it the green sticker.
                        It's all up to individual preference
                        My 16610 SS Sub Date purchase in 2005 still has it green sticker on it backside.

This is me...and just my 2 cents

Cheerio,

Comment

• abt winding it, I wanted to check if the spring is faulty or not.. cos some watches if you OVER-WIND, it will damage the coil etc.. I don't do that daily...

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

abt winding it, I wanted to check if the spring is faulty or not.. cos some watches if you OVER-WIND, it will damage the coil etc.. I don't do that daily...
                            try no to overwind everytime...the moment you face "resistance"..it's time to stop winding. and yes...you'll face resistance once it's fully wound...

as for stickers on the back...i remove them....cos Triton told me if u peel it off after a long time..there'll be a green line on yr back case....

cheers

james
                            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                            Audemars Piguet ROO
                            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                            Panerai 270
                            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                            Rolex 116610LV
                            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Ask you all ah...

There should be a slight resistance when the watch is fully wound. It is alright occasionally to go over the required no. of turns to fully wind the watch as there is an inherent clutch mechanism that prevents damage due to the continuous winding. However if the clutch mechanism is engage too often due to overwinding, this may potentially cause its premature wearing out. As for the hologram on the back of the Z series and earlier 16610, there is no general consensus on what to to do with them. Some prefer to leave it as it is as it is afterall a anti-counterfeit feature while some prefer to remove it since it leave a green patch if left untouched over long period of time. So personally, I will juz leave it on.
                              HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
                              REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

• By the way, is the price of a 16613 black dial, U-series at 6.8k reasonable? With box and paper....

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                                - GMT IIc TT
                                - U1
                                - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X