Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nspec View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

The details I have found so far for pre-owned all seem to be fairly old, HK seems to have many negative comments regarding sales to non-locals, Japan is too far away and I've always enjoyed my visits to Singapore.

Hopefully I'll find what I'm looking for when I go to Singapore in May.
    thanks for the feedback.

however, this is because new threads asking about pre-owned items have been started and questions asked in various threads have lead to outdated information. we will try to do something about it.

if you need assistance when looking for a rolex when u pop by next mth, send me a pm and i will try to help in whatever way i can.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by nspec View Post
      Greetings to all,
      I'm new to SG - ROC, this looks to be the best place for advice on buying a Submariner, (my apologies if this is the wrong place for this post).

I've been wanting to buy a Submariner 16613, blue dial for a while now, so to celebrate a pay rise I'm going to buy one next time I'm home. I live in Thailand but all the information I can find points to Singapore being the best place to spend my money.

I've been searching to try and find what sort of price and discount (if any) I should be looking at for a new one. If anyone can advise on best AD to buy it would be appreciated.

Also where to look for late as new condition pre-owned, if I stumble on a bargin I might go for a pre-owned.

Thanks.
      welcome nspec. for rollie, you are half rite that spore may be a good place to throw yr $$$. as for other brands, spore falls short. best place is KL.
      Remnants of my irresponsibility:
      "Foreign affections"
      1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
      2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
      3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
      4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
      What's NEXT?

Comment

• Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
        welcome nspec. for rollie, you are half rite that spore may be a good place to throw yr $$$. as for other brands, spore falls short. best place is KL.
        Hmm oh yeah that place also not bad...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• Did anyone realise that everyone seems to be dumping sub? I had that impression after my recent Jap trip and monitoring sales at Sg ROC. Prices are really going south.5 mths The prices are so close to my SD price now...

On the other hand, SD seems to be disappearing from sales thread....

Rumour Alert:
          One of my staff who collect watches told me that his regular supplier tells him that SD are being 'kept' in anticipation of Deepseas arrival and its discontinuation aka GMT II. Hence u will not find much SD in the 2nd hand shops nowadays. Not sure how true though...

Comment

• Originally posted by sci70716 View Post
            Rumour Alert:
            One of my staff who collect watches told me that his regular supplier tells him that SD are being 'kept' in anticipation of Deepseas arrival and its discontinuation aka GMT II. Hence u will not find much SD in the 2nd hand shops nowadays. Not sure how true though...
            time will tell told me about the story of them buying the 16610LV. so now, they dont even bother to keep too much stock. between now till the arrival of DSSD will be at least 3-4 mths.

also, what is the DSSD end up like the YM II? just another sub series? if got money to hold then buy and hold. else my take is sell and make money first.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Astute observation bro!
              There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

• This ang moh said that SD is discontinue this june. http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/about/
                Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                Rolex LV submariner
                Rolex TT black submariner
                Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                Rolex Non date submariner
                Rolex Explorer2
                More...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  It's the official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

The Submariner is available in Stainless Steel,Stainless Steel and Yellow Gold, and solid Yellow Gold.

Comes in 2 versions, the Submariner with date and without date. Both have the exact same functions execpt that one has a date function. Both are waterproof up to 1000ft/300m and comes with a graduated, rotatable bezel for checking decompression time-spans. With a special oyster case with shoulders that protects the triplock winding crown.

There is also a 50th Anniversary Submariner model that is available with the exact same functions as the Submariner date but in a green coloured bezel.

The Seadweller waterproof up to 4000ft/1220m and comes with a graduated, rotatable bezel for checking decompression time-spans. With a special oyster case with gas escape valve for saturation diving and with shoulders that protects the triplock winding crown. Available only in Stainless Steel and with a oyster bracelet.

------------------------------------------

Current list of Submariner owners in Singapore

1) sexyboy16
                  2) louisoh
                  3) Proximus
                  4) nottinghill
                  5) Victor
                  6) Jebby
                  7) GameBoy2Go
                  8) Nelson
                  9) Kconzz
                  10) Rogersk8ter
                  11) mojojojay
                  12) chows99
                  13) 3xtra
                  14) lsk005
                  15) heng78
                  16) terencehu18
                  17) seb
                  18) han013
                  19) Saint
                  20) Bananakid
                  21) jazz_sam
                  22) kira
                  23) Mbenz
                  24) wolfeyes1974
                  25) miza

Current list of Sea Dweller owners in Singapore
                  1) Atomant
                  2) Sci70716
                  3) lsk005
                  4) Taurus75
                  5) Feduallordcult
                  6) Cmsoh

hi i jus bought a tt blue sub.....y-serious. five yrs old for 7.8k.....is the price reasonable?....i m v new on rolex watches.....this is my 1st baby.

regards

Comment

• Originally posted by hk_apple View Post
                    hi i jus bought a tt blue sub.....y-serious. five yrs old for 7.8k.....is the price reasonable?....i m v new on rolex watches.....this is my 1st baby.

regards
                    congrats. dun worry abt the price as long as u r happy with yr purchase. wear it in good health, it will last u a lifetime.
                    Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                    "Foreign affections"
                    1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                    2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                    3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                    4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                    What's NEXT?

Comment

• Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                      congrats. dun worry abt the price as long as u r happy with yr purchase. wear it in good health, it will last u a lifetime.

thks bro

i m definitely happy abt having this baby.....
                      as mentioned i m very new on this, thats y jus wanted to find out if i was paying too high or jus rite for the price cos i saved quite awhile to buy this baby

thks anyway......cheers

Comment

• You paid slightly more for your TT...you can get Y series TT Sub at $7.4k -$7.5K....but as long as you like it...what's $300 - $400 right?

cheers

james
                        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                        Audemars Piguet ROO
                        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                        Panerai 270
                        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                        Rolex 116610LV
                        Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

• bro... Congratulations... I initally wanted to get a black dial 16613 as my FIRST ROLEX... But the poison here got the better of me...

The reasong brothers here told u to enjoy yr watch and dun ask abt the price since u already got it is from a 3rd party perspective... Not tat they dun want to offer u any advice. Cos all they are saying is that DUN ask... If u did find tat u got slaughtered, u may feel negatively abt yr purchase that sours yr, supposedly "excited and overwhelmed" feeling u rightfully should be enjoying owning yr first Rolex...
                          Cos u nvr knw tat some newbie may say he can get it at blah blah price tat is not proven.. And all it takes is such a comment to make u feel negative right??
                          well.... If it sets yr mind at peace, its a fair deal... Sleep on this and dun let yr curiorsity get the better of u.

Cheers!
                          Originally posted by hk_apple View Post
                          thks bro

i m definitely happy abt having this baby.....
                          as mentioned i m very new on this, thats y jus wanted to find out if i was paying too high or jus rite for the price cos i saved quite awhile to buy this baby

thks anyway......cheers

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                          - GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                            bro... Congratulations... I initally wanted to get a black dial 16613 as my FIRST ROLEX... But the poison here got the better of me...

The reasong brothers here told u to enjoy yr watch and dun ask abt the price since u already got it is from a 3rd party perspective... Not tat they dun want to offer u any advice. Cos all they are saying is that DUN ask... If u did find tat u got slaughtered, u may feel negatively abt yr purchase that sours yr, supposedly "excited and overwhelmed" feeling u rightfully should be enjoying owning yr first Rolex...
                            Cos u nvr knw tat some newbie may say he can get it at blah blah price tat is not proven.. And all it takes is such a comment to make u feel negative right??
                            well.... If it sets yr mind at peace, its a fair deal... Sleep on this and dun let yr curiorsity get the better of u.

Cheers!
                            Exactly!! Well said bro jazz!!
                            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                            Audemars Piguet ROO
                            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                            Panerai 270
                            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                            Rolex 116610LV
                            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

• bro... U shld be getting more rest!! Have a safe and enjoyable holiday dude... Although i worry hw u r gona manage all the luggages and SHOPPING BAGS!! Have fun and we'll all miss u...
                              Pls updte prices of the watches there are... I m keen on Gmt c II in bth SS and TT versions... (explains why i said those mushy stuffs... ;laugh: )

Take care!!

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                              Exactly!! Well said bro jazz!!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                              - GMT II
                              - GMT IIc TT
                              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                              - U1
                              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• okok thks all bros for ur experience opinion........assuming the price shld b ok la cos the shop gave me 2 yrs warranty too......thks thks.

cheers

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X