Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't find that this observation is accurate... Sub sales are alot higher p;rior to all the pre-basel 2008 speculations... For every sea dweller sold, ther have to be maybe 8 to 10 sub? (wun be surprise if there are even more) so naturally u still see more pre-owned pcs float more in the market versus a SD. To some, since SD can earn more money now... They dun mind selling it off so tat they can get the new DSSD? Hw many watch mass market owners ACTUALLY are informed OR into Collecting a watch or ROLEX for that matter...???
    Subdte 16610 havnt gone south for sure... In fact i think it did go up slightly since there were two price increases from nov 06 till nw... And sellers wld take the chance to up the resale mkt since there are constant demand for a 16610.. For wat was purchase prev at 6k, u maybe able to get only an older series or two at 6k nw...

Abv analysis are purely IMHO only.... Cheers!

Originally posted by sci70716 View Post
    Did anyone realise that everyone seems to be duping sub? I had that impression after my recent Jap trip and monitoring sales at Sg ROC. Prices are really going south.5 mths The prices are so close to my SD price now...

On the other hand, SD seems to be disappearing from sales thread....

Rumour Alert:
    One of my staff who collect watches told me that his regular supplier tells him that SD are being 'kept' in anticipation of Deepseas arrival and its discontinuation aka GMT II. Hence u will not find much SD in the 2nd hand shops nowadays. Not sure how true though...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• Jazz samz, i agree wif u on ur positive advice but frm a diff perspective, it may nt b te case for some. Jus to share, at times, te curiosity of wanting to know price after a purchase may b for another purpose.

Say, someone intro me a "very good" AD, or I, myself, got to knw him/her. So, when it comes to bargaining for a watch, te 'forcefulness' of me trying to get a best price is lessened (since tis AD shld b trustworthy). Later (after buying te watch), I go find out tat I did nt get te best price, at least, I knw tat I'd nt return to te same AD, rite ?

Frustrated ? Yes. Disappointed ? Yes. And tats when ur advice comes in handy..
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
        bro... Congratulations... I initally wanted to get a black dial 16613 as my FIRST ROLEX... But the poison here got the better of me...

The reasong brothers here told u to enjoy yr watch and dun ask abt the price since u already got it is from a 3rd party perspective... Not tat they dun want to offer u any advice. Cos all they are saying is that DUN ask... If u did find tat u got slaughtered, u may feel negatively abt yr purchase that sours yr, supposedly "excited and overwhelmed" feeling u rightfully should be enjoying owning yr first Rolex...
        Cos u nvr knw tat some newbie may say he can get it at blah blah price tat is not proven.. And all it takes is such a comment to make u feel negative right??
        well.... If it sets yr mind at peace, its a fair deal... Sleep on this and dun let yr curiorsity get the better of u.

Cheers!
        well-said! my sentiments exactly. since bought already so should look ahead & enjoy.
        Remnants of my irresponsibility:
        "Foreign affections"
        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
        2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
        3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
        4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
        What's NEXT?

Comment

• true from wat u r saying bro... I did thot of tat... But my post was after James comment so I trust with James input and me saying "fair" deal shld giv hk_apple an idea liao.
          So basically the source of purchase is nt the best deal nor is it tat bad... Moreove hk_apple purchase came with a 2yr warranty.

In any case, yr post put to words my other thots
          Sometimes a referal may nt be the best source... I recalled my 1st car salesman was intro by my Uncle who works at BM... KNN... Found out tat the b@st@rd not only never give me a fair deal, it was MoRE expensive than my other forum friends... An expensive experience...

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          Jazz samz, i agree wif u on ur positive advice but frm a diff perspective, it may nt b te case for some. Jus to share, at times, te curiosity of wanting to know price after a purchase may b for another purpose.

Say, someone intro me a "very good" AD, or I, myself, got to knw him/her. So, when it comes to bargaining for a watch, te 'forcefulness' of me trying to get a best price is lessened (since tis AD shld b trustworthy). Later (after buying te watch), I go find out tat I did nt get te best price, at least, I knw tat I'd nt return to te same AD, rite ?

Frustrated ? Yes. Disappointed ? Yes. And tats when ur advice comes in handy..

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
          - GMT IIc TT
          - U1
          - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• Yeah, share ur sentiments. I've been a sucker too often. Tatz why.. !!!
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• New Sea Dweller

Hi, is this available in sg already? Whats the retail price?

http://www.rolex.com/en/#/en/xml/col...-measure/index

Thank

Comment

• http://www.watchwallpapers.com/snd.htm

something to share and for all to enjoy!
                "Foreign affections"
                1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                What's NEXT?

Comment

• Gonna send my sub in for a full service and polish.
                  Any Bro know about the price to pay ah?
                  Hope it won't be more then S$400
                  My sub is (F series) 3 years old liao but it's all scratch up already...

Playing with my camera today...

Last edited by Victor; 04-05-08, 02:56 AM.

Comment

• good shot bro... hmm..think i am beginning to like the sub...

Originally posted by Victor View Post
                    Gonna send my sub in for a full service and polish.
                    Any Bro know about the price to pay ah?
                    Hope it won't be more then S$400
                    My sub is (F series) 3 years old liao but it's all scratch up already...

Playing with my camera today...

Comment

• Originally posted by pingpong View Post
                      good shot bro... hmm..think i am beginning to like the sub...
                      now you know why i said will u stop @ 1 or 2?
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• ya.. how to stop @ 1 or 2 esp with fren like u!

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        now you know why i said will u stop @ 1 or 2?

Comment

• Originally posted by pingpong View Post
                          ya.. how to stop @ 1 or 2 esp with fren like u!

this poison ain't gonna stop anytime soon.
                          "Foreign affections"
                          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                          What's NEXT?

Comment

• Haha.. Pingpong aft EXP there is still SUBDTE, SD, GMT leh.. wahahhahaha

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• Got SD first. It is going to be gone.
                              Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                              Rolex LV submariner
                              Rolex TT black submariner
                              Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                              Rolex Non date submariner
                              Rolex Explorer2
                              More...

Comment

• haha.. no end one la... think get the one that u like most... this yr SD discon, next yr Sub? my pocket not deep enuf to follow la... haha....

Originally posted by teo View Post
                                Got SD first. It is going to be gone.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X