Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms triumph, can. Let u knw when we are meeting.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• What ever the serial is still a LV,
      It's still over produced for 50th anniv.
      If the ceramic SS Sub is coming Rolex eat brain how to clear the LV.

Comment

• Wah! Your pics very the humble until can't see.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• here you go....just sharing with you guys my humble collections

My new SUB LV

My SUB LV and Omega Speedmaster

Wifey's Lady Datejust

Wifey's Lady Datejust and Speedmaster

cheers

Comment

• Beautiful collection you've . Tx for sharing.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              Rumour (again) has it that the new ss Sub will come with ceramic bezel. By when? Not sure. And if this happens, the current model will be discontinued. Much like the transition of the GMT models.
              actually this was crossing my mind.

Ceramic is brittle. How to safely dive with a ceramic bezel? wouldnt it make the Sub less of a tool watch?
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

• hello all, virgin post here

After looking at Omega,Panarai, I finally decided on a SS sub. I cant help but notice the Sea Dweller looks exactly the same as a sub, from what i gather so far from reading these past few days, the difference is that SD able to withstand deeper depth and resistance when diving, and the toolkit which Sub doesnt have. Is it advisable to buy a sub or sd now given the price now, I only recce THG so far.

Also should i wait, considering i been reading abt discontinued models for the sub and sea dweller, and any impact on the pricing?

Oh ya, got any lobang pls let me know too

thanks in advance guys

Comment

• the sub and sd is more than just the depth difference.

the sd has a helium valve that the sub dont have
                  the sd does not have cyclops, sub does.
                  as for toolkit, both have in the past, but have been slowly been phased out.

sd has been discontinued and many sellers are trying to sell it @ a list price or as high as possibe, riding on the fact, it 'will be' collectible. but with so many pieces in the market, it will take awhile before it reach that collectible stage.

besides THG, u can try WP , KHH, THH, LC etc for a more comprehensive price guide.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Hi guys, just bought my Sub SS last week. Glad to join this friendly community Pls add me to the list of Sub owners. Pics of my first rolex watch

Comment

• Another one who beat me to it . Beautiful. Tx for sharing.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Congrats, nice pics and welcome.

Comment

• ty very much triton for the interesting insight.

I guess the diving depth doesnt really have a impact as i feel the submariner has become more of a fashion statement according to one of the bro above post that the new ceramic bezel is too brittle for diving. Though i was from the navy during NS, but not a diver, haha, the most only swim around in swimming pools.

So far from what i seen so far, i have narrow down my choices to a sub, gmt2c or a dssd. My opinions so far..

Sub- the 40mm dial looks just alright on my wrist, tho alittle bigger dial will be perfect imo, would it be a good investment if i get a "V' series sub or wait till 2013 which one of the bro here state when the new sub prices will fall into acceptable buying range. I got to admit the new subs feature looks really tempting.

DSSD- I havent tried it on as there was no stock, but i would reckon the 43mm dial would be fitting. It already comes with the new features like ceramic, new clasp lock, but i believe price is on the high side now as its newly launch model, maybe should wait a few more years for this, hehe

GMTIIc- well, probably got to be on the lowest order in what i like so far, no offense to GMT lovers, hehe, one man's meat is another man's poison. Or maybe due to the price.

to bro Bar-Honda - grats on the beautiful acquired timepieces, somehow from ur 1st and last pic, i can feel the watch smiling at me, damn..

to bro Oceanklassik - i believe u are looking for subs, do u mind sharing the prices/quotes u have so far, so i have a better understanding of the pricings

ty all for reading and i apologize for the wall of texts
                          (ps. sorry if i ot, will open a new thread)

Comment

• hi terroz bro, glad my Sub pics "talked" to you

just for sharing, i saw the DSSD on display at THH last saturday.... massive watch!...very massive indeed!!! you can go there and have a try, put the watch on your wrist.

Comment

• It definetely did BAR_Honda bro.

I dont really have a fat wrist, its quite boney, but maybe a bigger dial appeal to me more. Hows the weight compared to the sub, maybe i got to consider in that factor too, dont want end up wrist ache and prolly restrict move much too.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X