This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garb-age View Post
    the AD = KHH. the biggie shop on the front. the smaller shop guy at the back is a tad friendlier...he may also be pulling my leg about the BLRO's list price since he hasn't got stk anyway. i did admit that i went in the shops on impulse w/out any h/work done 1st. me wife was taking longer than usual wif her shopping at OG so i got time on my hand....
    ok. if the shop quote me a price where a watch is not in stock, then to me it is useless. cause there is no deal to me discuss. the AD can even quote me 3k for all i care because there is no stock.

if i enquire about a particular watch, my AD will tell me straight if there is no stock. no point asking what price because by the time, the stock arrives, the quoted price will ALWAYS be different from the quoted price without stock.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i managed to get hold of the 16710 on the last day of june @ a price about $5600 all thanks to the DBS black card.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        ok. if the shop quote me a price where a watch is not in stock, then to me it is useless. cause there is no deal to me discuss. the AD can even quote me 3k for all i care because there is no stock.

if i enquire about a particular watch, my AD will tell me straight if there is no stock. no point asking what price because by the time, the stock arrives, the quoted price will ALWAYS be different from the quoted price without stock.
        to be fair, the smaller shop behind was upfront abt the (no) stks situation. he did not quote and mentioned later tt he hasn't got stocks. what he said was $8k is a tad high for the BLRO that has got a lower list; but he got his list price wrong.

on hindsight, you got a fantastic deal, i think. congrats.

GMT II kind of grow on me of late. I was offered the GMT II by another shop sometime back but I was zooming on the sub date which they do not have stk. So i got the latter from another source but i itched for this now...

Comment

you should have gotten the 16710 first as it was discontinued. the sub date will still be around. anyway, good luck in getting one. if you are interested, i ask my AD if can get hold of 1 piece or not. let me know

kindly email with
          2. your nick

Comment

i think rsc is also out of 16710..............so brand new ones are almost extinct.....
            the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
            visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

gmt master 2 116713 refers to gmt2 half gold?

thanks for guidance

Comment

i am in beijing now and the BLRO is readily available. went to the rolex shop in WFJ and a couple of ADs there and all give 10%. the problem is after conversion, the price is still about S$8.2k

triton, i have not decided yet, but will pm u once firm. thanks!

overall, it is more expensive there,(not surprisingly) but the rolex counters there are really crowded!

Comment

i am in beijing now and the BLRO is readily available. went to the rolex shop in WFJ and a couple of ADs there and all give 10%. the problem is after conversion, the price is still about S$8.2k

overall, it is more expensive there,(not surprisingly) but the rolex counters there are really crowded!

Globalization.... the rich ppl there are really rich...
                  A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

stick to HK......no luxury tax no goods and services tax.....
                    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

if it is readily available now, suggest you get it now from one of the authorised dealer there.

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

so garb age got ur new toy yet?

Comment

Originally posted by skydude View Post
                          so garb age got ur new toy yet?
                          no, dude.
                          will stick to ohlins' advise. i will most lkly go to hk this late-nov for work for a few days.

i alerted my colleague to keep a look out for me. if the price is right, i will get them to `chop' first and i will pick it up when there.

Comment

Originally posted by paithorn View Post
                            anyone would like to share their time deviations per day here....my GMT is steady now at -3 sec /day....feels like bringing to RSC to adjust....
                            Just for info to all interested....

I finally brought my watch to RSC and get it adjusted. They are able to tell your deviations in just 1 minute when they place yr watch on a machine....my watch is now on PERFECT timing! All positions!!
                            Last edited by paithorn; 23-08-07, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Looks like quite a few folks are interested in the new GMT Master II. I might be able to get one below 10k. If interested, please drop me a PM. I'm not a dealer, just a happy guy who bought one this week :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kardtoon View Post
                                Looks like quite a few folks are interested in the new GMT Master II. I might be able to get one below 10k. If interested, please drop me a PM. I'm not a dealer, just a happy guy who bought one this week :-)
                                can get below 9.5k now..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X