X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

listed price should be SGD 8520 if i am not mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by wean_sg View Post
      I would go for brand new Exp I 39mm. Looks awfully good with that matt dial.
      I agree with you and it's definitely better looking than the Milgauss, IMO. The Explorer is a classic. Too bad it is not as loved as the Submariner, DSSD, Daytona or even the Explorer II nowadays.

Comment

Am planning for Explorer 1 as my first Rolex but cant decide to go with 36mm or the newer 39mm... anyone with inputs?

Any considerations for the different Series (Z, D, F etc) for the 36mm one. I know its an indication of different production dates but any more consideration of one batch over another?

Please advice!

Comment

go and try it in your hand then u will know which one suit u more. ;D

Comment

I'm also eyeing the Explorer 1. Since you are considering the Z, D or F series, I suppose you are comparing between the 114270 (36mm) and 214270 (39mm) models. And not the 14270 (36mm).

Besides the size difference, the 214270 would probably be a newer watch pre-owned since it was only introduced in 2010. The 114270 was first released in 2010. The 14270 first came out in 1989.

The 214270 uses a newer movement Calibre 3132 compared with 3130 in the 114270. The newer 39mm also has the Paraflex shock adsorbers and Parachrom Bleu spring which is better in terms of anti-magnetization from what I read. I am not sure if the 114270 has that.

Exterior wise, you would notice that the 214270 has a sturdier Oyster bracelet compared with the 114270, a better Oysterlock clasp. The steel is thicker and the design is cleaner, not so fussy. The 3-6-9 markers on the 214270 no longer have lume and some people complained that the 'second' hand is too short in the 214270. The 'second' hand in the 114270 looks more right.

The above was gathered from what I read from some websites. Lol.

I suppose Ctgoh is right as to try it to see which suits you best in your wrist. 39mm is quite a big dial.

For me, I have a big wrist but I would still prefer the 114270. It is closer to the original Explorer which was made famous, 1016. The watch (6350) that Tenzing Norgay wore when he scaled to the summit of Everest in 1953. But that's me.

However, the watches be it 14720, 114270 or 214270 don't really look that much like the 6350 but more like the vintage 1016.

To each his own, I guess. Not sure if my two cents help. Lol.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X