No announcement yet.

Opinion : sub date or sub no date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub with no pin hole and date will look good : ) just my point of view hope it helps

Comment

• Sub no date for me. Even though having the date is useful and perhaps more practical, I love looking at my sub 5513 simply because of its beauty, and I feel that the symmetry enhances that beauty. In fact I think I look at my watch more to admire its looks than to actually find out what time it is..

Comment

• A sub ND is about as classic as they come. But then again, there are people who cannot do without a date and yet hate the cyclops. (Personally, I think that's what makes Rolex a Rolex, the cyclops but this is a personal preference and opinion) have seen out west that they will polish away the cyclops though not sure who does it here or has attempted to. Don't think one is better than the other, just personal preference.

Comment

• teh cyclops of rolex is the most iconic. definitley sub with date for me. worth every penny for that date

Comment

• Sub date... Cos it's always better to have a watch with a complication then just a watch movement...
            HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
            ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
            Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
            Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
            Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
            TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
            G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
            Rolex ladies datejust
            vintage Cartier tank 18k
            TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

• I got myself 114060(without date) cos I like the clean look without the glass popping out.

Actually date is not important, can always look at your hp.

Hope it helps.
              www.facebook.com/SuccessShutters

Comment

• Originally posted by caroland View Post
                I got myself 114060(without date) cos I like the clean look without the glass popping out.

Actually date is not important, can always look at your hp.

Hope it helps.
                caroland

How much did you get it for ?
                The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Comment

• Sub no date for me too! Had one..wore it for 1 year..sold at 80 percent of my purchase px. Not bad actually.

Comment

• somehow the watch is incomplete without the date. to me. the date version is more sought after

Comment

• Hi bro, I pm u the price.
                      Originally posted by SLC View Post
                      caroland

How much did you get it for ?

Comment

Hi bro, I pm u the price.

Hi Caroland,

My first rolex purchased yesterday. I do not prefer cyclops at the moment and this is iconic

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Comment

• Nice... I gotten mine too..
                          Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

• congrats on your purchase,nice shot enjoy,I'm getting NATO strap to dress it!

without date is nicer,I can remember date but cannot remember time
                            Last edited by caroland; 25-03-13, 07:46 PM.

Comment

congrats on your purchase,nice shot enjoy,I'm getting NATO strap to dress it!

without date is nicer,I can remember date but cannot remember time
                              Caroland, do share the pictures when available

Comment

• The ND is freaking nice with the new shiny ceramic bezel. The ND SUB is the original iconic watch! Not to mention James Bond wears it as well. if you are buying into the watch history, you will know that as well. I buy watch also becos I like the design. Purist or not , I just feel the cyclop really spoits the symmetrical beauty of the watch and i find the cyclop hard to read the as well. Too bad the older sea dweller does not have ceramic bezel and is no more in production, if not that can be a good alternative with date. The new DSSD is just too bad and overkill.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X