Loose Submariner bracelet..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose Submariner bracelet..

Hi all, im looking 4 a good condition 2nd hand sub...but i understand the bracelet would have loosen after several years of usage..assuming it's a daily beater,would a K series sub have this effect?

this would narrow the 'hunt'....thanks in advance..

I only need a GMT and a Sub..nothing else..

it also depends if the owner wears the link tight or loose.

Comment

a daily beater is likely to mean that the watch is worn on a regular basis as such the possibility of the bracelet being stretched is higher compared to one that is not worn regularly.

K series is likely to be produced between 09/2001 to 08/2002 which means that the watch is already ~13 years.

as such based on your information - daily beater and K series, there is a high chance that the bracelet is loose. excluding the fact if owner of the watch wears the watch loose or tight.

Originally posted by AK Subzero View Post
      Hi all, im looking 4 a good condition 2nd hand sub...but i understand the bracelet would have loosen after several years of usage..assuming it's a daily beater,would a K series sub have this effect?

this would narrow the 'hunt'....thanks in advance..
      Originally posted by tzehou View Post
      it also depends if the owner wears the link tight or loose.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

thx 4 the expert advice bros..

will RSC replace the bracelet? and the cost? i noe Top Hour can do it..

Comment

if RSC has the stock, they will replace it. the cost won't be cheap though. you may be looking at close to 1000.

however, you may want to consider that the each rolex clasps has a code which indicates the estimated production period. this code should match the production period of the watch case.

do note that if you bring in the watch with bracelet, RSC is likely to take back the old clasps.

if you change the bracelet, it may mean that the bracelet code may not match the production period of the watch case. in an event you choose to sell this watch after bracelet change, you may find it hard to sell to potential buyers who are particular with such details.

think carefully how you want to proceed from here.

alternatively, you may want to consider sending in your bracelet for tightening process. i am aware of someone in HK who does that for gold watches. not sure if he does for ss and/or tt. also you may want to find out the cost of doing it vs buying another bracelet.

Originally posted by AK Subzero View Post
          thx 4 the expert advice bros..

will RSC replace the bracelet? and the cost? i noe Top Hour can do it..
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

thx bro triton...very useful info..

cheers!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X