Can any expert answer this question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can any expert answer this question?

Okay, I really need the opinion and expert views of the bros here in SGROC. Just glancing at the dial of this 6694 below, has Rolex ever made a dial like this coupled with the hands on this watch?

My knowledge of the history of Rolex is virtually non-existent which is why I joined this wonderful forum.

Everytime I look at my watch, I always feel uncomfortable with the coronet. It seems too "bulging" and "fat" to be an original. I'm just wondering if the shop I bought it from put on an aftermarket custom-made coronet.

Or has anyone seen a similar looking coronet on a stock dial? My option is probably to take it into RSC to have it serviced and verified at the same time. Any idea how much servicing on a manual wind 6694 will cost?

Really look forward to your comments. Thanks in advance!

I've seen many coronets big like this, frm 1950's quite common.

Can take more pics, like side shots of the case and more shots of the dial, Serial number of the watch? caseback of the watch and bracelet shots as well. will help.

But if you need to be 100% sure, just bring your watch to RSC for a service quotation.

My 2cents..
    相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

Hi Ray, here you go, more pictures. I'm overseas now and will take photos of serial number when I get back after 08 June:

Comment

Looks gd and original to me

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          Looks gd and original to me
          Ha ha, thanks bro!

Comment

Congrats on your beautiful vintage piece

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Nice pics. I think it looks ok. but my guess is that its not a 6694, Never seen 6694 with such dials.

open caseback then can see model no, or at 12oclock lug.
              相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

is a

re-condition dial.....

Comment

yup....it's re-conditioned.... anyway 6694's movement is a solid workhorse..... and its dial is one of the most re-cond ones..... seen bright yellow, red, green dials, etc....
                  Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
                  Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
                  Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
                  Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

may I know what is meant by re-cond dial?

Originally posted by nottinghill View Post
                    yup....it's re-conditioned.... anyway 6694's movement is a solid workhorse..... and its dial is one of the most re-cond ones..... seen bright yellow, red, green dials, etc....

Comment

reconditioned dial means it no longer comes in original stipulated face color. from what i know, there is a yellow/gold, silver/white, black, blue color dial for 6694. the markers are indicies aka single stick.

@ people's park complex where there are quite a number of preown shops, you may see bright red colored dials, dark green colored ones, even yellow ones. these are what is termed re-conditioned dial.

another case of re-conditioned dial is though the color may be originally black, but you will noticed a tad difference. original ones is more of a matt finished while the re-conditioned black ones has a twinge of 'gloss'

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                      may I know what is meant by re-cond dial?
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

This watch is very swee. Do know whether recon or not recon. Anybody how much? Normal 6694 I know cost about $1500 in tis mkt.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X