Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6694 now in RSC

Hi all,

as you know i change tire on my uncle's volvo S80 (never buy volvo, but that is for another thread), and damaged my watch severely. now insurance payout to say proceed with repairs.

the following is going to be done:-

Overhaul - $500
    Back - $150
    Bezel - $138
    Middle Part - $413 (will result in new serial number)
    Dial - $260 (inc crystal)
    bracelet - $625

works to be around 2120. prices are not accurate, and just rough estimates from my old old estimate.
    i believe also got new hands, so this watch is basically going to come out as if it was just conceived from Geneva. i know it will lose it value, but i do not consider this to be a true vintage, simply because there is too many lying around.

now waiting for my watch to come out on 6/5/08.

looking forward to my watch . but the service sim tia (heart ache), luckily got insurance, otherwise cannot afford to fix.

now i want to know whether my rolex acrylic crystal will have etching?
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

looking @ the list of items to be fix. i wonder what happened to the 6694........sounds pretty bad.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      looking @ the list of items to be fix. i wonder what happened to the 6694........sounds pretty bad.
      simple. tire went flat on my uncle s80, tire recovery system sucks, and is 100% sh*t. merc one is better, even my 1991 toyota camry is good . but volvo is absolutely rubbish.
      bracelet clasp keep coming off, so i remove the watch and put on the car top, change the tire, wash my hands, and drive off with the watch on top.

now anyone who sit in my car, know that i drive very fast, and that includes cornering. so you can imagine the impact at which the watch came flying off the roof and onto the floor in the factory.

the damage is shocking, and the movement is 100% non working now.

just have to wait for the magic hands at RSC.
      Blue 6694
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

one word - OUCH

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        bracelet clasp keep coming off, so i remove the watch and put on the car top, change the tire, wash my hands, and drive off with the watch on top.

now anyone who sit in my car, know that i drive very fast, and that includes cornering. so you can imagine the impact at which the watch came flying off the roof and onto the floor in the factory.

the damage is shocking, and the movement is 100% non working now.

just have to wait for the magic hands at RSC.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi all,

as you know i change tire on my uncle's volvo S80 (never buy volvo, but that is for another thread), and damaged my watch severely. now insurance payout to say proceed with repairs.

the following is going to be done:-

Overhaul - $500
          Back - $150
          Bezel - $138
          Middle Part - $413 (will result in new serial number)
          Dial - $260 (inc crystal)
          bracelet - $625

works to be around 2120. prices are not accurate, and just rough estimates from my old old estimate.
          i believe also got new hands, so this watch is basically going to come out as if it was just conceived from Geneva. i know it will lose it value, but i do not consider this to be a true vintage, simply because there is too many lying around.

now waiting for my watch to come out on 6/5/08.

looking forward to my watch . but the service sim tia (heart ache), luckily got insurance, otherwise cannot afford to fix.

now i want to know whether my rolex acrylic crystal will have etching?
          They won't give you crystal with etching....they will give u a similar 1 to urs which is the no etching 1. THey very bad 1 la....will never give latest 1. Like that time I bought my jubilee bracelet..they never give me the hidden clasp 1.

I think I shall say that word again....OUCH!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            They won't give you crystal with etching....they will give u a similar 1 to urs which is the no etching 1. THey very bad 1 la....will never give latest 1. Like that time I bought my jubilee bracelet..they never give me the hidden clasp 1.

I think I shall say that word again....OUCH!
            thanks.. yes ouch indeed. the service price also ouch indeed. lucky i cover insurance, otherwise i die already.

i think you can request for hidden clasp, or maybe they are stopping people from buying the new bracelet and put on old model. i would love to try maybe the jubilee bracelet on a gmt master II . hidden clasp make the whole watch very dressy.
            Blue 6694
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Wow. what insurance is that? Got cover such incidents of owner's own chew cheng ness one ah? (sorry for the use of the words )
              Submariner 14060
              Breitling Colt Auto II
              Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
              Bell & Ross BR03-92
              MM20

Comment

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
                Wow. what insurance is that? Got cover such incidents of owner's own chew cheng ness one ah? (sorry for the use of the words )
                got, from Australia company. Actually this i claim from my travel insurance, which cover accidental damage and anything else you can throw at it, no one will ever put a watch on car top and drive off on purpose. even if leave in hotel and missing, i can claim . very good and affordable. i cover A$2000 only cost A$100

but if i want to cover for 365days, i need to pay about 400/yr for my DJ. considering that a basic overhaul is already S$400.

if i take up this particular cover, it will replace my watch even if my watch bracelet break in half. also include if i get robbed, or come off during swimming and cannot retrieve.

travel insurance cheaper due to less risk. normal insurance will only cover A$1000, and i must apply and get valuation if want to cover replacement.
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

got, from Australia company. Actually this i claim from my travel insurance, which cover accidental damage and anything else you can throw at it, no one will ever put a watch on car top and drive off on purpose. even if leave in hotel and missing, i can claim . very good and affordable. i cover A$2000 only cost A$100

but if i want to cover for 365days, i need to pay about 400/yr for my DJ. considering that a basic overhaul is already S$400.

if i take up this particular cover, it will replace my watch even if my watch bracelet break in half. also include if i get robbed, or come off during swimming and cannot retrieve.

travel insurance cheaper due to less risk. normal insurance will only cover A$1000, and i must apply and get valuation if want to cover replacement.
                  Insurance is pretty gd!!

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
                  hahaha...abit pai tia leh

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Insurance is pretty gd!!

hahaha...abit pai tia leh
                    yes, but the limit for wrist watches is A$5k. if want higher, you must go on "custom" plan, where it is calculate actual risk and premium very high.

actually, i under cover already, since my insurance cover states that replacement new for old is airking with date.

that one already >A$5k.

stupid TT DJ with diamonds selling at A$11-13k. maybe i try and see whether my contents insurance cover me when i go o'seas.

aiyah. its ok. nevermind, sometimes need abit pia tia to get the point across.
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X