Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

in which year was meter first rolex 5513 produced and when it stopped production?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in which year was meter first rolex 5513 produced and when it stopped production?

hey guys,

so you know which era the meter first 5513 last until?
    i saw in a shop they were selling 5513 with 5mil serial number with a meter first dial.

some advice here please

5mil case is far too late for a MF...

Meter First dials are believed to be below 2mil or till early 2mil, most are between late 1.4~1.7mil... believe or not these dials and hands still glow light green after 40 years! (only those produced between 66~67 with puffy markers)...
    DRSD-1665 mk4
    SD-16660 matte mk1
    Sub-1680 red mk6
    Sub-5513 matte/ meter first
    Exp2-16570
    Date Just-116234 MOP
    MS no date-67480

Comment

hey thanks your answer is very much appreciated. =)

Comment

The meters first 5513...

Collectors have pinned it down to ending in 1969 (2.3 million)

But they might have continued till 2.7+ million.

Anyway, as Eddie has pointed out, 5 million is just too far away!

Cheers!
        Last edited by caeden; 07-05-10, 11:46 PM.
        [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

then as for the 5513s with feet first matte dial, is there a problem with a 5mil series having a depth rating below the submariner wording?
          that means:
          submariner wording on top
          600ft=200m below

is there any anything wrong with the above?

Comment

those depth rating and the submariner are in totally white paint. they do not looking sliverish but very white. some photos below for some references:

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...disp=inline&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...disp=inline&zw

this watch was opened up to have a better view of what i mean. my friend asked me and i also have doubts about it.
            what are you peoples' view on it?

Comment

your pics don't show up.

if the 5m 5513 meters first is cheap and untouched, i'd take it then trade it for the right dial (and pocket some money in the process).
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                your pics don't show up.

if the 5m 5513 meters first is cheap and untouched, i'd take it then trade it for the right dial (and pocket some money in the process).
                I was thinking exactly the same thing!

Comment

Just some additional information. MF were produced beyond 2,3M serial mark. It is unclear how far but up to 2,7M seems to be the consensus. I have one MF produced in 1968 with #2,458,***. It shows Submariner below the 200m/660ft. Worth noting the font of "ft" where the cross of the "t" is not aligned with the "f". For Mark I and II maxi-dial, the cross on "f" and "t" in 660ft are aligned. MF were produced from end 1966 till around 1969.
                  As a practical rule, I would put any MF beyond 2.7M is the fake category.

Year S/N
                  1966 1871000
                  1966 1994956
                  1967 2163900
                  1968 2426800
                  1970 2555384
                  1969 2689700
                  1970 2952600
                  1971 3215500
                  1972 3478400
                  1973 3741300
                  1974 4004200
                  1975 4267100

But as always, and this is part of the myth, only Rolex knows the truth.....

Comment

perhaps you might want to consider sending it to RSC for verification.

Comment

Originally posted by cmclee View Post
                      perhaps you might want to consider sending it to RSC for verification.
                      correct me if i'm wrong.RSC only tells u if the watch is real or fake,as in the parts,they will not tell u if the dial or hands or whatever is correct to the watch or not or if replacement items had been done as long as the watch is all original rolex they will tell u it's real and u need servicing.
                      累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Most probably, they will just tell you that the watch contains fake parts and return the watch to you without any repairs. They would not even changed those fake parts for you as that may tarnish their reputation.

Comment

I am looking at a 5513,dated 1968 with serial 2.4mil.But the dial is feet first.Seller claim original dial.Any chance of it?

Comment

I am seriously looking at a 5513,dated 1968 with 2.4 mil serial.But the dial is feet first.Seller says dial is original.is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by yeongkk View Post
                              I am seriously looking at a 5513,dated 1968 with 2.4 mil serial.But the dial is feet first.Seller says dial is original.is this possible?
                              why not. there's a 5513 for sale somewhere on the internet with an original 5512 dial and cosc movement!

"original" is a loaded word, my friend.
                              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X