Value of this vintage Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of this vintage Rolex

Hi guys, can anyone help me establish the value (rough range) and model of this vintage Rolex watch? I went to top hour and the uncle says everything is original, except the dial, which is reconditioned (???). Got home and realized that I need more info to sell it. Will be heading down tmr to get more info from him. What sort of info do I need? Thanks in advance!

Pic: http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...2/P5200337.jpg

would be better you get more advice or quote more shops.

Comment

hi there,
      Try to identify the serial number and model number to know the age of the watch.the number can be found on the case itself.
      the dial must be original to preserve the value of the watch.
      it will be best if the watch is not in polished condition.
      For vintage,the complete original case,dial,and movement will increase the value of the watch tremendously.
      contact me if you need help.i am a vintage collector for rolex too.

respectfully yours
      paneraitrader@gmail.com

Comment

if you want to sell a watch, some buyers will be interested to know the series of watch as the series will give a rough indication of the year of production of the watch and hence an estimate of the age of the watch.

other relevant information will be the condition of the watch such as if the case was polished, whether the watch is in need of servicing, the number of links on the bracelet.

since it was mentioned that the dial is re-conditioned, this means that the dial is not the original dial that comes with the watch. the original dial could be have taken out and replaced with the current one. alternative, the dial was removed and re-condition and put back into the watch.

from the picture, if the dial is meant for the watch, then it can be a 6694 or similar models. also if it is a base 6694 movement, then this watch can be anything from late 60s. further more, you will need to check if the acrylic crystal is original or not. some watches of this model is known to be fitted with after market acrylic crystal. from the picture, it is hard to tell because the magnification is not clear.

from the picture, it looks like a rivet bracelet, condition again is hard to tell as only part of the bracelet is seen. primarily the buckle also plays an important part as it can show to a certain extent if the bracelet is lightly or heavily polished.

hope it helps.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X