Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Please: Is this 6694 worth cosidering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please: Is this 6694 worth cosidering?

Hi:
    Newbie here and considering an entry Rolex to begin my R journey

Just saw this 6694 in an online shop.
    The seller said the dial is after-market MOP with "diamonds" - which I don't think are real diamonds.
    But the date indicator looks strange - shows black and red.
    The casing has been heavily polished - no surprise for a vintage watch.

I don't mind the crystal and dial were replaced, as long as it has original case and movement, I pretty like the look, it looks young

The price is about S$1500, serviced.
    I was thinking, if get a poor condition one should cost about $1200-$1300, then polishing, servicing and change dial should cost few hundreds also.

Most other 6694s I found come with dark dial, which I don't really prefer.
    The shop allows return and refund if not happy.

So I'm seeking for some advises from our experienced fellow members, is this one worth to consider?

Actually I pretty like the dial, and price is inexpensive so maybe can purchase for girlfriend.

Thank you!

Hi Bro,

care to share and PM me where you find the shop? interested to go look c look c...

Cheers! ;-)
    My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
    Rolex DateJust 16233,
    Rolex Submariner 16613LN
    Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
    Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
    Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
    Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
    Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
    Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

Comment

Originally posted by s2k View Post
      Hi:
      Newbie here and considering an entry Rolex to begin my R journey

Just saw this 6694 in an online shop.
      The seller said the dial is after-market MOP with "diamonds" - which I don't think are real diamonds.
      But the date indicator looks strange - shows black and red.
      The casing has been heavily polished - no surprise for a vintage watch.

I don't mind the crystal and dial were replaced, as long as it has original case and movement, I pretty like the look, it looks young

The price is about S$1500, serviced.
      I was thinking, if get a poor condition one should cost about $1200-$1300, then polishing, servicing and change dial should cost few hundreds also.

Most other 6694s I found come with dark dial, which I don't really prefer.
      The shop allows return and refund if not happy.

So I'm seeking for some advises from our experienced fellow members, is this one worth to consider?

Actually I pretty like the dial, and price is inexpensive so maybe can purchase for girlfriend.

Thank you!
      May I know any fellow Rolexians can help to share about the movement for 6694? Tried looking at the pics but unable to see the movement number...any technical master among fellow Rolexians? Please share and thanks in advance!

Cheers all! ;-)
      My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
      Rolex DateJust 16233,
      Rolex Submariner 16613LN
      Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
      Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
      Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
      Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
      Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
      Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
      Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

Comment

Diamonds are real, just that quality isn't the best. That's my guess.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

@Kohky26
          Cannot go see see one lah, online shop all photos are as shown above.

@Darkangel
          Thank you for input! It made me closer to "pull the trigger"! Do you see anything suspicious of this watch?
          If not maybe I'll just buy it.

Thanks again!

Comment

where can i buy it? I want Buy It :>

Comment

I'm not a fan of MOP, also you will have to go to outside technicians in the future should it require a service.
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

1. magnicifcation looks wrong to me.
                2. look @ the cyclops alignment to the date. does look abit skewed to the left.
                3. date disc is not meant for this model.
                4. @ the back of the case, the edge has got uneveness. what is it? is the case pitted? is the case rusted? if pitted or rust, have to be careful as water seepage is a concern, even sweat can seep through. and sweat can cause other concerns.
                5. does this watch comes with bracelet? how is bracelet condition?
                6. the wording - oyster date alignment looks off as well cold be due to the font used.
                7. the screw in case back looks 'chipped'

if you can find a 1200-1300 6694. chances is the watch is not in very good condition. a full overhaul prior to latest price increase @ RSC was ~800.

if you like the dial. why not ask the online shop if willing to sell you just the dial? however, it wont be cheap. i wont pay anything more than 350

to answer your thread title question. i wont buy this watch.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

@Kohky26
                  Cannot go see see one lah, online shop all photos are as shown above.

@Darkangel
                  Thank you for input! It made me closer to "pull the trigger"! Do you see anything suspicious of this watch?
                  If not maybe I'll just buy it.

Thanks again!
                  Wait ah...before you pull the trigger. Does the watch come with a bracelet?

Comment

@triton:
                    Thank you very much for input, those are some of my concerns as well.
                    The dial, crystal and date disk seems not original or not for this model.
                    For this inexpensive watch, I won't bother visiting RSC, for 1.5k, I'm basically just paying for "entry fee" :P
                    The only reason I'm considering this one, is the dial and hands caught my eyes when I was browsing over a dozen 6694s :P

Other reasonable condition ones easily goes from $1.6-2k, if the dial costs $300-400, it will easily cost $2-2.4k, polishing will add more -not worthy for an old 6694

@darkangel
                    No it does not come with any bracelets, seller may throw in an after market one and that make no differents...
                    But I don't really care about the bracelets, it's for GF, so if I buy, I'll chose some pink/pearl color patent leather straps anyway

Comment

the issue is not just whether it comes with or without bracelet. this is because there are basically 2 main types of bracelet for this model. the thin or thick bracelet. a watch with bracelet would fetch close to 1.6k without box and papers. a brand new bracelet from RSC is at least 800 brand new. a second one hand would easily cost about 300. so if the watch comes with bracelet, @ 1200-1300. it would be about the right price for the head only.

you have missed the point completely what Darkangel and myself is trying to tell you. the condition of the watch will determine its selling price. so if you buy this one @ 1200. it is not worth because there are many issues highlighted. some buyers will not mind such issues, some will.

you seem to contradict. first you say this inexpensive watch. then you say not worthy to do up a 6694 which will cost you between 2-2.4k. why not let me share with you. there are sellers in the forum selling a full box and paper set going for 2.3k at least. however, have you thought about why the seller is putting up the watch for sale @ that price?

@triton:
                      Thank you very much for input, those are some of my concerns as well.
                      The dial, crystal and date disk seems not original or not for this model.
                      For this inexpensive watch, I won't bother visiting RSC, for 1.5k, I'm basically just paying for "entry fee" :P
                      The only reason I'm considering this one, is the dial and hands caught my eyes when I was browsing over a dozen 6694s :P

Other reasonable condition ones easily goes from $1.6-2k, if the dial costs $300-400, it will easily cost $2-2.4k, polishing will add more -not worthy for an old 6694

@darkangel
                      No it does not come with any bracelets, seller may throw in an after market one and that make no differents...
                      But I don't really care about the bracelets, it's for GF, so if I buy, I'll chose some pink/pearl color patent leather straps anyway
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

beautiful picture. The MOP and dial is beautiful.

However, there are many on this forum for sale. can meet up and consider. save on shipping and comes with everything. e.g. bracelet, papers, box, etc...

If you like the MOP and diamonds, can PM me
                        :bounce: [FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"]The importance of Fine Timepieces that keeps track of my time[/SIZE][/FONT] :bounce:

[U][B]Personal Favourties[/B][/U]:-
                        [B][COLOR="green"]DateJust
                        Day-Date
                        OysterDate
                        Submariner
                        GMT Master
                        Explorer I / II[/COLOR][/B]

Please visit: [url]www.dongfangrichard.com[/url] for more information!

Comment

a picture with highlights to show what i meant in my previous posts in words (some of issues i raise)

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post

The dial is aftermarket mah, bo pian. Not considered recon if you ask me personally.

Comment

Sori 2 hijack...
                              1)Wats the market price now 4 a orig dial 6694?
                              2)how much a modded dial cost?
                              3)any plc in sg can find more of dis dials?

Paiseh 2 trouble bros again coz my frd is planning 2 get 1...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X