Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone knows where do second hands shop, pre-owned, etc get their supply of vintage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dealers and pawnshop owners are working together closely too. Other than that, it's mainly someone, e.g: a "middleman" who flew outta SGP and buys a few pieces back here to sell, thus avoiding the import, Goods & Services and income tax...! The sources can be all around the world... Heard before ADs (both local and foreign) have quota to meet for Rolex watches... hence this kinda hanky panky leads to "unauthorised" discount above the "mandated" 10% for some models to these "middlemen" to create the impression that they are selling the watches well and meeting their numbers! How true? beats me!!

Comment

Hi, may I know how to identify good vintage Rolex watch? guidance required.

Comment

They are just like any dealers for other premium products like branded bags and wallets. Willing seller dealer buy at a lower price and sell at a profit.

Comment

Vintage watches are a bit difficult to authenticate sometimes, casing may be old, movement may not, dial may be original, but mineral glass or sapphire glass may be changed

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Wee View Post
            Hi, may I know how to identify good vintage Rolex watch? guidance required.

A good vintage is one where all the parts of the watch match with each other.

e.g the main items to check the style of the Dial must match the model which in turn match the case number.
            Rolex bracelets are all marked so they must also match the case and movement.

I am only familiar with Day Dates so to give a simple example a Day Date model 1803 should have "railroad dial" and the bracelet end links should be marked 53 (55 is for 18038 and 55B for 18238) and I will also check that the president buckle also matches the period because there are markings there too.
            the stamping/hallmarks on the case of a 1803 is also different from a 18038 which in turn is different from a 18238.

its ok for the parts to be changed e.g the hands, dial or crystal but ensure that they used matching Original parts to replace.
            My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
            1) WG DIA 18239
            2) YG DIA 18238
            3) WG 18239
            4) YG 18238
            5) YG 18248G Bark
            6) WG DIA 18039
            7) WG 18039
            8) YG 18038
            9) Tridor DIA 18039B
            10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
            11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
            12) WG 1803
            13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
            1)GMT II 116718 18K
            2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
            1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
            2)D15037 14k
            3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

ian, i think the poster of this thread is a local sg-roc member... maybe you can help him with this DD buckle/bracelet question? i think his nick is minimerc here also.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/20759...D+hidden+clasp
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

So the guys with the real lobangs are the middlemen? Must get to know one haha

Comment

There's 1 that you may check it out watchlim or Whatsapp at +60123799996

Comment

All the best unrevealing the secrets of the trade! ;-)

Comment

Just my thoughts -
                      Collecting vintage watches is close to buying Toto or 4D unless you are fully aware of what one is buying.
                      Based on the contributions from all our friends it is really a very difficult to collect the ' all correct ' item for vintages.
                      PP's sales tag line of ' you never really own a watch.... ' I very very apt.

Perhaps one should take it as a challenge to be able to land in the all correct piece and live to truly treasure it.

Best wishes and happy collecting to all.

Comment

Some gray market dealers might have lobangs with authorised distributors of a certain brand, and when those distributors have left over stock, these gray-market dealers would just sapu wholesale stock from them. That's why normal people cannot get this kind of lobang one. You not only need connections, you also need the capital.

Comment

hello

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X